PDA

View Full Version : And you think the walls at Pueblo are close...

Clarkie
November 7th, 2007, 12:14 AM
This is from this weekend at Firebird in AZ, the 'fast' line onto the front straight is to brush the wall coming onto the straight with your left shoulder, then spin across the track until you find the 1 1/2 ft concrete strip on the outside of the track.

Here Rory Palmer on a Triumph 675 actually bounces off the wall but keeps it pinned, this isnt an isolated case as usually 1-2 people a race glance off the wall, and yes in Phoenix 600's wheelie when you twist the trottle :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPJTS3nDEZI

Clarkie
November 7th, 2007, 12:51 AM
Here is a thread with some cool pics from the race event, it was a vintage weekend as well. Yes the walls really are that close, and yes they made Chris Kilmore (from Incubus) tuck his dreds into his leathers, Jose Pasillas was there with us as well and did the new rider school but didnt race 8)

As for the girls working the event, well its Phoenix, home of the 'Money shot' (holeshot) award ( which I won twice) :lol:

http://www.swroadracing.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1142

DingleBerns
November 7th, 2007, 08:30 AM
Looks like shannon's twin with longer hair and that flat white honda.

Why doesn't the MRA have a holeshot money prize? :D

akuretz
November 7th, 2007, 09:57 AM
That wall is crazy! Nice pics, looks like a fun club. Thanks for sharing, and congrats Clarkie!

Jon
November 7th, 2007, 02:24 PM
The CCS is a fun bunch and often a fast bunch when the CA and some of the Vegas guys show up. Tends to often be a very laid back bunch too. I don't know if they ever got themselves a new announcer but the last one I remember sounded as if he was on Valium and a lot of it. Used to ramble on about the blue bikes and the red bikes and all sorts of unrelated things. I believe they've got on last event coming up in December, anybody heading down? Might be a fun trip!

motobum
November 7th, 2007, 02:26 PM
. I believe they've got on last event coming up in December, anybody heading down? Might be a fun trip!

i think me and my dad are going to try and make it!

im a little worried about that wall though...

rforsythe
November 7th, 2007, 02:49 PM
Here Rory Palmer on a Triumph 675 actually bounces off the wall but keeps it pinned, this isnt an isolated case as usually 1-2 people a race glance off the wall, and yes in Phoenix 600's wheelie when you twist the trottle :D

One of the last races at PPIR, I remember someone actually riding up onto the wall a couple feet after a close pass and riding it out; since the front straight is more like a wide, banked turn taken WFO, whatever rider that was just rode on the side of the wall for about 10 feet then plopped back on the track and kept going. I'm pretty sure the tire marks are still there.

Clarkie
November 7th, 2007, 03:25 PM

December is a different track, they have Firebird East, West and Main, the December round is on the West track.

http://www.roadracesw.com/info.html click on the tracks they race on, you can buy a one event licence for $40 which is cool.

PMPJAY
November 7th, 2007, 04:11 PM
This is why we don't want to move the walls into the edge of the dragstrip!

Clarkie
November 7th, 2007, 06:21 PM
This is why we don't want to move the walls into the edge of the dragstrip!

I dont blame you Jay!

motobum
November 7th, 2007, 08:10 PM

December is a different track, they have Firebird East, West and Main, the December round is on the West track.

http://www.roadracesw.com/info.html click on the tracks they race on, you can buy a one event licence for $40 which is cool.

any opinions on that track?

Clarkie
November 7th, 2007, 08:58 PM
kinda tight, good 600 track

motobum
November 7th, 2007, 10:44 PM
hows the drive out there?

Clarkie
November 8th, 2007, 07:16 AM
not bad, 14 hrs from Longmont, sucks when your exhaust header splits an hour west of Abq and you till have 5 hours left :cry:

motobum
November 8th, 2007, 08:33 AM
not bad, 14 hrs from Longmont, sucks when your exhaust header splits an hour west of Abq and you till have 5 hours left :cry:

do you know if they will have friday practice? if i drive 14hrs i would like to get as much track time as i could!

Clarkie
November 8th, 2007, 08:44 AM
not sure, i know Saturday is practice all day (in groups), and Sunday is race day. contact them and find out.....

motobum
November 9th, 2007, 09:33 AM
no luck so far... ill keep trying