PDA

View Full Version : CAMA News Release 10/26

The GECCO
October 29th, 2007, 08:24 AM
Well it is another weekend working in my home office and wishing I was at the SCCA double Regional. I have just completed processing this week's credit card contributions, which bring our total so far in the member fundraising campaign to $346,682. That's an increase of a hundred thousand over my letter of September 8th. We have now reached 35% of our fundraising goal and are at 70% of the amount projected to meet that portion of our construction release parameters. To date we have mailed fundraising brochures to 4,573 members, with more planned. The response to date represents 426 generous members. While most contributors have opted for some level of the brick recognition program there have been many who have shared whatever amount they can spare. All levels are appreciated and needed to have a first class facility. We have conducted four track informational meetings at May Farms in Byers and at the Red Lion Inn. Some of you have had the opportunity to walk the track. The clubs have started a phone campaign soliciting support for the track from the members who have not yet contributed. It is very encouraging to see the excitement level amongst the membership as the reality of HPR grows.

The legal documents for the loan program continued to consume much of the CAMA representatives time the past few weeks. I am now pleased to state that the Operating Agreement for CAMLC and the loan documents to CAMA are now complete. The package has been turned over to SEC lawyers to prepare the Private Placement Documents. We anticipate that all the documents will be complete by no later than Mid-November.

Arapahoe County provided us with their first response to our Use by Special Review (USR) application. The review thus far has not identified any negatives and their questions related mostly to requests for more details on the design, grading and drainage plans. The design team is busy preparing responses and modifications to the application and is giving priority to returning the package to the County in a timely manner.

Speaking of the design team, in addition to Bill Howard (RMVR) of Plan West who is handling our permitting & design along with Rick Goncalves (RMR-PCA) of RG Consulting, our engineer, we have two new key additions to the team. Matt Proehl (RMR-PCA) who is a Project Manager for Haselden Construction has taken the duty of being the Track Construction Manager. Also, we are very excited to have entered a consulting agreement with Wilson Motorsport. Alan brings many years of expertise and will assist us with construction planning, asphalt specifications and track safety features. The design team has been extremely busy preparing the construction grading plan. Much time is being devoted to establishing spot elevations and finished contours. The team's energies are focused on the vertical & horizontal curves along with the angle of the verge trackside and in run-off areas. I have been a participant in the process and while I have been allowed some token input, I think they just keep me around as the buffer to keep budget and reality in harmony. Once the grading plan is complete Matt will be able to prepare accurate construction estimates, timelines and start the contractor bidding process.

Assuming a positive response from the County, a successful capital campaign this fall, along with a warm spring in '08, we are hopeful to be racing at HPR next summer. The clubs are working together to prepare a tentative event schedule for next season. Watch the website for the announcement of that schedule. Don't forget that contributions are deposited to a restricted account and will be returned to you if CAMA has not reached the construction release parameters by December, 2008. Keep the contributions coming and tell your friends you are a 'founding contributor'.

Sincerely,

Charlie Thompson
CAMA Manager