PDA

View Full Version : Holy Daytona!!!!!

Raggedy
October 24th, 2007, 01:35 PM
So I just got back from Daytona, this is my first time ever racing there.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

I thought..... this will be cool! I'm decent enough at picking up tracks.

UMMMMMM NO! There is nothing in the world that can prepare you for the banking at Daytona!!! 31 degrees of OH MY GOD!! This was the coolest race experience I've had in a long time!!!

I was only able to run middleweight superbike, but after having 3 practice sessions in a red flagged shortened race. I started 35th (the back row) and finished 14th in 5 laps.

Brad Hendry rocked the house all weekend, winning 3, and finishing 2nd in another. His team for Moto ST finished 9th overall after being 32nd at one point.

Gotta thank the Hendry's and Foothills BMW, along with Pat for making my Daytona trip worth every minute I was there!!!

DingleBerns
October 24th, 2007, 02:17 PM
T Bizzle in the hizzzhouse! Nice job buddy!

Dingle

vonconcepts.com
October 25th, 2007, 11:23 AM
I have to agree with you. Raised on the east coast, I saw and rode places like Rockingham, and Pocono --- both of which had cool banking.... then I tried Daytona back in 2000 ---- What a rush!!!!!

I remember being pegged (so I thought) on the back straight going toward the Chicane in the old configuration.... suddenly I hear someone coming.... then zip right by me... coulda hit his kill switch close. It was a 17 Year old Roger Lee Hayden. He zips by, passes ALL the brake markers and then locks up the rear and pushes the front into the Chicane. It was practice.

That's when reality hit and I knew I'd be a club racer or just retire. These kids are crazy-fast!

Kurt

JHeller
October 25th, 2007, 09:19 PM
Nice work Terry!

Is it as fun as dropping into T1 at TWS? :shock:

Raggedy
October 26th, 2007, 02:44 PM
It's way more fun than Texas world! The banking is easily twice as dramatic, and you get to run all of it, not just the front straight!! Sorry for the retardedness. I have hit my head a few times!! :wink: