PDA

View Full Version : Remember the GTS 1000A?

Dodd
October 23rd, 2007, 04:39 PM
A year or three ago my old man and I were in Foothills BMW looking at cool stuff I can't afford. Well, they had a pre-owned Yamaha GTS 1000 A. Remember this thing? single sided swing arm in the front?

Anyway I was thinking about that today and was doing some googling and youtubing and found two extremely funny ads for this bike.

The first, a real dealer promo ad (As far as I can tell) Is 5+ minutes of the cheesiest acting, set design, production (Count all the late 80's early 90's rip offs, Terminator?) so on so on. It is so bad you will not believe it.

Next is a 30 second ad, this one is just plain funny.

Just for laughs if you have the time to check em out.

Dodd

Dodd
October 23rd, 2007, 04:41 PM
Here is a link for the two videos. Whoops.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Yamaha+GTS+1000+video

Evolution of the species! HA!

TBSgraphics
October 23rd, 2007, 05:51 PM
the GTS1K was the first full production of James Parkers design ideas,
he fist started with the RADD tz, which first time on the track at willow springs set the track record and stood for a few years...

think he lives in Santa fe, NM, and has been rurmored to still be working on his RADD designs, I think he was hired to work on this next bike soon to be on the streets. and others..

http://pictures.topspeed.com/motorcycles/motorcycle-reviews/bimota/bimota-tesi-3d-concept-ar16795/IMG/crop-1600x1067/IMG_9591_2w.jpg

more info on parker
http://www.burningart.com/meico/moto/parker/index.html

Scored51
October 23rd, 2007, 10:20 PM
Hey now, one of these things brought me across the country to Colorado! The fun part was running down a squid on a 600 with all my camping gear packed on the back (including a Coleman stove!) somewhere just a little east of here. It was a neat bike for high speed touring. Unfortunately, the bike met a sad end when the owner low-sided into an off ramp curb. Insurance company didn't think it was worth the price of repairing the front end. Yamaha must not have thought it was worth it either as the GTS was only produced for two years.

TBSgraphics
October 23rd, 2007, 11:26 PM
Hey now, one of these things brought me across the country to Colorado! The fun part was running down a squid on a 600 with all my camping gear packed on the back (including a Coleman stove!) somewhere just a little east of here. It was a neat bike for high speed touring. Unfortunately, the bike met a sad end when the owner low-sided into an off ramp curb. Insurance company didn't think it was worth the price of repairing the front end. Yamaha must not have thought it was worth it either as the GTS was only produced for two years.

ONLY 2 years in the US, in the rest of the world the bike was in production for another 5 or 6 years....

Dodd
October 24th, 2007, 10:46 AM
It seems people are being rubbed the wrong way about this, let me clarify, I'm not poking fun at the bike, I don't know anything about it. It struck me strange to look at it and got me looking into info which led me to the funny videos.

Watch the videos. They are funny.

Spicee Brown
October 24th, 2007, 01:48 PM
THE SULTAN OF SWINGARM!!! I remember that commercial!
Man, that brings back memories of in Living color, the new album from some band called Nirvana..and of course...it was a commercial run in MOTORCYCLE MAYHEM ..the show that the 2 stroke Schwantz, Doohan and Rainey battles were aired on.
Im really feeling old.
Moving on from the GTS..remember the suzuki ads?
I come from a long lineage of flagmen....The suzuki 600 wins everything, cuz its quik...LIKE A CAT!

remember that one? Oh the back the old back!

BTW we have an old GTS 1000 customer at our dealership...cool bike up close!
dave S.

TBSgraphics
October 26th, 2007, 07:12 PM
how bout late 80's tag line...

" even the Ninja knows to hide from a Hurricane"

cbr600 commercial.....