PDA

View Full Version : Spiderman BoB Update

Vanmar Racing
October 13th, 2007, 08:52 PM
Hi Folks!
Mark and I went to see Spiderman BoB this evening. It was REALLY good to see him.
Bob still isn't quite ready for visitors (we got special permission to visit him) but he does check his messages on his My Space page and also the MRA and CSC sites. If you want to send him a message via PM please do so. He may not be able to answer, but he would enjoy hearing from you. He really can't take phone calls right now because of the trach.
FYI-The big get well card that so many of his friends signed is hanging right next to his bed.
We went ahead and decorated the wall in his hospital room with some big checkered flags so he has some of the Racing Spirit!

Tammy

Wahooman
October 13th, 2007, 10:19 PM
Tammy...thanks for the update and helping put some "decor" to his room. I can only imagine being in the same room for such a period of time. Glad the card we signed is there as well. Things sound like they are looking better each day. Thanks again.

froth
October 14th, 2007, 07:10 AM
So, Tammy what you're saying is Bob can read this.

GET WELL SOON!

chrobis
October 14th, 2007, 08:09 AM
Bob -

It's good to hear that you are getting active. I hope they have a pretty nurse giving you sponge baths. (Sometimes you just gotta lie back and enjoy the simple pleasures of life. :lol: )

Stay on the mend.

rforsythe
October 14th, 2007, 01:50 PM
Bob -

It's good to hear that you are getting active. I hope they have a pretty nurse giving you sponge baths. (Sometimes you just gotta lie back and enjoy the simple pleasures of life. :lol: )

Stay on the mend.

Eh, I've seen some of his nurses. Trust me, he isn't "living in the moment" with that one. :lol:

glenngsxr
October 14th, 2007, 02:37 PM
I could see Bob now, "what you're my nurse, put me back into a coma!"

froth
October 14th, 2007, 05:07 PM
Or, Bob could use the rule of the military, when on a "short" tour.
1. Go ugly early.
2. If she doesn't meet your standards, lower your standards.
3. What goes TDY (temporary duty, could apply to hospital stays), stays TDY.
4. If it PCS's (moves) it's gone forever.

Of course, my gal, Teri suggested we get some ladies dressed in "appropriate" nursing regalia, and visit him. New fund raiser. "Nurses" on E. Colfax, to "assist" Bob with his rebilitation. I'm in for a dollar, thirty seven (the change I've got in my pocket). Who's with me!

When you get well, Bob, we've got dinner on the stove for you.

Fred and Teri.

clowe
October 14th, 2007, 10:31 PM
Bob,

Get will soon! You are in my thoughts and prayers....

Crash

Wild Cheetah 612
October 15th, 2007, 08:28 AM
Wait a minute! I had a hot male nurse (who was straight) when I was
right out of the coma and I tell you what...it's easier to have some ugly nurse doing all those gross and embarassing things than someone hot.

Glad you're back with us, Bob! Hope to come by for a visit when you're ready!

chris nami
October 15th, 2007, 10:55 AM
get well bob! i hear crash is up for givin sponge baths! -C

rforsythe
October 15th, 2007, 03:55 PM
I think we're going to visit him again tonight, I will post up another update. I will also pass on that Crash is giving sponge baths. :lol:

stuntriders
October 15th, 2007, 04:13 PM
Get well soon Spiderman!

Try to keep your spirits up :D

KipBook
October 15th, 2007, 06:15 PM
Hey Bob, glad your recovering! Keep up the fast pace and I as well have a hot diner waiting for ya when you need one!

I also agree with Donna, hot nurses are great to look at, as long as they like to go camping! :wink: :wink: Otherwise it can get a bit embarrassing! :oops:

Take it easy bud!

Kip

PS... I work near downtown, so when you're ready, I'll sneak you in some pizza and a six pack!!! :-$

rforsythe
October 15th, 2007, 11:23 PM
Saw Bob tonight, he's feeling a lot better. He was up and walking around a little, and has apparently started rearranging the chairs in his room out of boredom.

Crash, I told him you offered a sponge bath, he said "I'm thinkin about it". :?

We're hopeful they will let him out of there soon, in the meantime he is making incredible progress for a Canadian and way faster than I thought he would. He still has some injuries yet to be handled, but the real serious stuff is healing well. I guess two weeks unconscious in a bed helps that sort of thing.

He can see messages but can't reply, so you can PM him if you like.

froth
October 16th, 2007, 07:15 AM
That's GREAT news! Bob and Fish both getting better? Awsome. As for Crash, Teri sais she'll take a sponge bath....with the Spongebutt (me) for you!

We're both looking foreward to seeing you guys again. Remember, dinner is waiting.

Spiderman
October 16th, 2007, 09:48 PM
As I wrote in th other thread:

It is my understanding that Bob ... will have a long rehab infront of him.

Screw that! I may not be 100% (or even close to it), but I'm too well to be here (these are the words of several of the staff here!). They are currently talking about sending me as early as this weekend, or early next week.

I'll keep y'all posted.

Thanks to everyone for their thoughts, prayers, donations & offers for help! Words cannot even begin to describe how touched I am!

PS... I work near downtown, so when you're ready, I'll sneak you in some pizza and a six pack!!! :-$ :-k :D

Earlene
October 17th, 2007, 05:48 AM
Bob !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello and hugs from the ole lady at the PMP Cafe. We all are so glad to know your kickin it.

Kiddo, you truly ROCK !

Ene
:wink:

Spicee Brown
October 17th, 2007, 03:59 PM
Heard you missed us weeeere Baaaaack!
David Lee Roth..Hot for teacher 1984

DUDE! We at Colorado powerports are still rootin for you. I told Glennie you were pullin thru and he sends his wishes. Were not happy it happened at all... but were so happy youre a fighter. Hang in there tuff guy, good to see a post from you.

Are you gonna touch up your sponsor logos soon on the back of your head? They wanna still see that your on board with them and promotin'

Heal fast, be good

Dave and Greg, Colorado Powersports

Spiderman
October 18th, 2007, 02:40 PM
Looks like I'll be home for the weekend... I just got the word that they'll be releasing me tomorrow! 8)

bluedevil
October 18th, 2007, 02:43 PM
OMG thats awesome news !!!!!!

Lel399
October 18th, 2007, 02:59 PM
awesome, good to hear, go home and rest up!

lel

chris nami
October 18th, 2007, 03:30 PM
that's fantastic dude! -C

chupale
October 18th, 2007, 03:52 PM
hey, new guy here. Bob helped me day one and didn't know me. I freekin' love this sport and all yall. Get well Bob!

-puck-
October 18th, 2007, 06:35 PM
Good news bro. Glad to see that you are working well enough to type at least. Give me a holler if I can help you with anything man. :wink:

Kickstand
October 18th, 2007, 06:38 PM
Awesome Bob!

So glad to hear your feeling better & are well enough to go home!!! You'll get better a lot quicker that's for sure.

Tawny & Matt

Wild Cheetah 612
October 18th, 2007, 07:36 PM
YAY!!! Hope to see you soon!

Otis and Donna