PDA

View Full Version : MRA Mission Statement?

dave.gallant
October 13th, 2007, 03:53 PM
Most clubs have a mission statement that helps define the goals and bind its membership in a common direction.

Does the MRA have this, and if not, would it make sense to create one?

DingleBerns
October 13th, 2007, 04:02 PM
I don't know if it is considered "the" mission statement but sounds like the little paragraph on the home page is the mission statement.

Welcome to the Motorcycle Roadracing Association
The MRA dedicated to promoting safe and competitive motorcycle roadracing events for enthusiasts in Colorado and the surrounding area. Motorcycle roadracing is possibly one of the most exciting motorsport to witness first hand, with pure bred race machines competing on closed paved road courses piloted by racers intent on one thing: getting to the checkered flag first.

maybe not, glenn?....

dave.gallant
October 13th, 2007, 04:46 PM
I don't know if it is considered "the" mission statement but sounds like the little paragraph on the home page is the mission statement.

Welcome to the Motorcycle Roadracing Association
The MRA dedicated to promoting safe and competitive motorcycle roadracing events for enthusiasts in Colorado and the surrounding area. Motorcycle roadracing is possibly one of the most exciting motorsport to witness first hand, with pure bred race machines competing on closed paved road courses piloted by racers intent on one thing: getting to the checkered flag first.

maybe not, glenn?....

It should not be considered the "correct" mission statement simply because I wrote the above when assembling the website. :)

DingleBerns
October 13th, 2007, 04:59 PM
but we're on the right track..... 8)

tomtom
October 13th, 2007, 06:02 PM
It's a great idea, and I think the MRA should have one. The intro paragraph looks like a very good description of our fun. From my point of view (now only been riding motorcyles / dirtbikes for 7 yrs), I like the availability of a solid race club to advance within, and the local racetracks open for practice & competition.
Also, I would strongly think about what we (MRA) want to be doing 10 -15 years from now.

polar x
October 13th, 2007, 06:02 PM
The MRA dedicated to promoting safe and competitive motorcycle roadracing events for enthusiasts in Colorado and the surrounding area.

This sounds like a mission statement to me. And a pretty good one to boot.

dave.gallant
October 13th, 2007, 06:10 PM
The MRA dedicated to promoting safe and competitive motorcycle roadracing events for enthusiasts in Colorado and the surrounding area.

This sounds like a mission statement to me. And a pretty good one to boot.

I like it too, and thought it briefly summed up the goals of our club.

I was just not aware if an official one existed or not?

DingleBerns
October 13th, 2007, 06:26 PM
Dave your just so good at what you do that you don't even realize it. 8)

dave.gallant
October 13th, 2007, 06:31 PM
Dave your just so good at what you do that you don't even realize it. 8)

Try and convince my wife of that.

:D

I will email Glenn or TBagger and see if there is anything official in our club history.

nude
October 15th, 2007, 07:26 PM
Yes, I believe that the MRA does have a mission statement; or something similar. It is in the bylaws, or articles of incorporation, of the club. I don't have them handy but it is essentially to promote low cost roadracing in Colorado.

Nude

mushin_man39
October 17th, 2007, 12:58 PM
Not to be a boring attorney, but our bylaws do not contain a mission statement, only a Purpose statement, which is boilerplate language included in all 501C filings. So, a mission statement is still a possibility to those interested in creating one.

http://www.sos.state.co.us/biz/ViewImage.do;jsessionid=0000nvL9SLSPhwOq1DA1T8T9Sn S:11nm16ef4?masterFileId=19891102964&fileId=19891102964

The GECCO
October 17th, 2007, 02:00 PM
Not to pick a nit, but what is referenced above is our Articles of Incorporation, not our club bylaws.

mushin_man39
October 23rd, 2007, 05:09 PM
Ugh... El Jefe beats attorney at legalese. Damn it.... Tomorrow's headlines. That's why he's El Jefe.