PDA

View Full Version : Otis to get a New Hip

Wild Cheetah 612
October 12th, 2007, 11:53 AM
After the crash Memorial Day weekend, when a visiting racer took him out, Otis has not been the same. He's been in a lot of pain which has affected his abilities in many areas.
He has surgery scheduled October 29 for a total hip replacement. He'll be out 2-3 three weeks easy, then crutches for 6 weeks. After three months, the doctor will clear him for all activities.
Next season, we ought to see the "Otis of old" back on the track!

BTW, we set a date for the wedding! August 10, MRA's first race at High Plains Raceway!

rforsythe
October 12th, 2007, 11:58 AM
Wow, good luck with the surgery and heal up quick Otis!

hcr25
October 12th, 2007, 12:19 PM
My ACL replacement surgery is on Oct 23rd. A week or so off my feet and 6 months of rehab!

Between Otis, Coonshead and myself we should have tried for a group discount.
:)

gsnyder828
October 12th, 2007, 01:19 PM
BTW, we set a date for the wedding! August 10, MRA's first race at High Plains Raceway!

I think I know the answer, but have to ask... will the wedding be at the track?

Wishing everyone a quick recovery.

Wild Cheetah 612
October 12th, 2007, 06:27 PM
I think I know the answer, but have to ask... will the wedding be at the track?
Hell, Yea! And all are invited! We plan to have the party/reception the following weekend.

Tumbleweed
October 12th, 2007, 07:15 PM
Congrats Otis and Donna. You guys make a great couple. Looking forward to the wedding. Good luck on the Hip Otis.

SHORT BUS
October 12th, 2007, 09:29 PM
Donna, I had hip resurfacing last October, this is an alternative to total hip replacement that is more conservative in nature. Still replaces the joint, but will not take so much of the bone. Less chance of dislocation and much stronger. Call me first please. Matt Dunn 303.246.3860
MRA #65

http://www.wmt.com/Patients/hip/resurfacing.asp

TBSgraphics
October 12th, 2007, 10:49 PM
Between Otis, Coonshead and myself we should have tried for a group discount.
:)

Nov. 13, get my wrist screwed back togeather, and get some CTS relieve cuts to help with the feeling back in my hand...

since we didnt get a discount on the surgeries, maybe we can get brea to give us a group rate for the recovery programs. :lol:

froth
October 13th, 2007, 05:29 AM
Congratulations to you! Teri and I are very happy to hear this!!!

As for Otis, whichever choice he makes, the surgeries for these things these days are SO good! My uncle got a knee replaced several years ago, at age 71, and was water skiing a year later, so I kiij firward ti seein you back on the track, O---

Great news!

EdDuenez
October 14th, 2007, 12:51 AM
:D Dan good luck and speed on heal REMEMBER [-X (\00\) :mrgreen: :-#
Ed Duenez.

chris nami
October 15th, 2007, 05:18 PM
good luck Otis! -C

vonconcepts.com
October 27th, 2007, 09:42 PM
prayers are with all of you and your surgeries, from down here in Albuquerque.

Kurt