PDA

View Full Version : How Good is X-BAM????

polar x
October 11th, 2007, 09:35 PM
Well while having her do her magic on me at the labor day races in Pueblo she asked me if I had ever been diagnosed with a hernia :roll: "whatever" was my thought and I never gave it another thought. I have been slowly convinced that Brie is WELL above your average sports therapist but I take some serious convincing before I believe in people.

So I go the doctor for a complete physical and he says turn your head and cough :evil: Then he does it again and yet again... I am starting think he likes more than he should when he replies "you need to have a ultra sound I think you have a hernia". :shock: Now I never once thought about it, or even brought it up to him, but you could have knocked me over with a feather when he told me that. And it was on the same side she had concern with (some of you may wonder what the hell she was doing to notice that, she diagnosed that from the effects it had on my core and back due to the weakness of that area)....Ssssoooo I have to admit that I am now a born again Brie believer....She knows her profession very well and frankly my body very well too. If you have ever had any doubts about her abilities, background, expertise, hell anything that may have kept you from utilizing her services, let me dispel them now. She is better than any PT I have ever been to. She is professional, disciplined and damn good at what she does. I will continue to use her services thru the off season at my home and I really hope those of you that benefited from her during the races will continue with her while we are on break, and those of you that were on the fence will use her services this winter as well.

Thank you Brie :!:

glenngsxr
October 11th, 2007, 10:03 PM
unbelievable.

Lel399
October 11th, 2007, 11:02 PM
wow! go brie!

bluedevil
October 12th, 2007, 06:12 AM
Nice catch Doctor Bree !!!

So do you have to have it repaired?

polar x
October 12th, 2007, 09:28 AM
Surgery is scheduled for DEC 10th...... :( And it is not a full blown hernia but more of a large bulge in the left inguinal area. It is quite a large area of weakness so while I have good insurance I may as well fix it. The surgeon said while he is in there he will look for other areas of weakness or worse, and fix those to. Lapproscopic using a the newer 3d mesh from inside the abdominal wall. In and out in a less than a day. 1 week to get around, 2 weeks for normal activity and 1 month for snow boarding.

She is freaken amazing 8)

chris nami
October 12th, 2007, 09:49 AM
I would also like to give Bree some mad props!
Over the years i have been involved in many sports. i spent my high school years as a state ranked gymnast and kill'n Q.B.s as a strong safety. After school i got into Mixed Martial arts and competed as an amateur for a few years at that. Then i missed playing ball and got into it again. I managed to work my way up to playing arena league and earning a (small) paycheck kill'n Q.B.s. I now race with the MRA and have done so for eight years.
After seven surgeries and countless other injuries I have had the pleasure of spending MANY hours with some of the worlds best sports medicine Doctors and PTs. (Stedman & Hawkins) with out a doubt Bree is one of the best in her field. the benefits of using Bree's talents go beyond just feeling good. message therapy can help prevent injuries and help in your overall health. -C
p.s. sorry for the novel but i wanted to put my two cents in on this.

Tumbleweed
October 12th, 2007, 10:17 AM
Hey Coonshead. Sorry to hear that. I hope you don't get the surgeon that did my bilateral hernia surgery two years ago. I won't mention names but he was working at Longmont Hospital at the time. If you happen to get him run. It took me close to a year to get back to normal. Nothing major just anoyances. And now two years later I have another small hernia. This of course I will not get fixed till I have to considering what happened last time. I haven't had any major crashes in those two years and I haven't been lifting heavy items at work anymore. When other guys as me to come help them lift a tranny or an engine I tell them no. So was it just a bad surgeon with unsteady hands, maybe. I hope you don't have the same problems I had. Good luck and have fun doing situps the first couple days :lol:

clowe
October 12th, 2007, 01:39 PM
I too will put in my 2 cents. I had Bree start working on me at the second Hastings race and for every race weekend after that. With Bree's help I was much less sore on the Monday after races and she also helped my training in between races with some new stretches that I didn't do before. I can not speak highly enough about everything Bree has done for me and I too will be having her come and do work in my home over the winter.

Bree, thank you for everything. BTW, I think I still owe you $40!

Chris, do you need me to come and give you a sponge bath?

Raggedy
October 12th, 2007, 01:57 PM
Mad props for Bree!! She's the only person strong enough to get deep where pressure needs to go! Extremely intuitive!! Can't say near enough good things to do her justice.

Thanks for all your help Bree!! :D

Double T

polar x
October 12th, 2007, 02:42 PM
Weed, the guy is out of Parker Adventist and his name is Steven Barnes. He is about my age 40-41 and does several hundred of these a year, they are his bread and butter so speak. He does perhaps 3-5 open surgeries versus almost exclusive lapro with 3D mesh. If that name rings a bell let me know. I would be skittish too if I had past issues with a doc.

Crash I may take you up on that sponge bath :wink: :wink:

Please go back to worshiping BRIE or BREE please.....

Brie ROCKS

XBAM
October 12th, 2007, 02:50 PM
It has truly been my pleasure working with all of you this season. Thank you for your support, your confidence in me and for doing your stretches.

As most of you know, I'm available in the off season - just contact me. I look forward to seeing everybody back at the track (and especially the new track!!!) in '08.

chris nami
October 15th, 2007, 10:05 AM
crash i'll take you up on your sponge bath, but only if you put on your riding boots. :shock:

Tumbleweed
October 15th, 2007, 10:11 AM
Chris, that name doesn't ring a bell so that is good. I wish you luck and a quick recovery.