PDA

View Full Version : Contingency stuff everyone should read...

T Baggins
June 15th, 2005, 08:44 AM
First, I have submitted the contingency forms for race #3 - they went out Monday.

Second, I still haven't heard a word from Suzuki about the make-up date for Pueblo. I tenatively have it scheduled for September 5th, the Monday of the Labor Day double header. This is the latest info I submitted to Eric Magpali.

Third, and please pay attention here. If YOUR contingency $$ isn't important enough to YOU for YOU to completely and accurately fill out the forms - rest assurred is isn't important enough for me to do it either. There will be some very unhappy campers out there who aren't gonna get checks because of the following reasons:

A) They didn't get Tech to sign off on the forms indicating that they were in compliance with the contingency program. I don't know your bikes or what products you use - so I'm not gonna sign off on them. That is part of the tech process.

B) They didn't list the track location or date...

C) They didn't indicate WHICH products they were using (especially for IRP). Pretty important, dont'cha think?

D) They didn't indicate which races they were actually participating in. If I miss something 'cause I have to go over every single race result to see if you were in it and how you did - well, sorry... A little help here would be appreciated - especially on the forms where it isn't intuitive like Vesrah.

E) They didn't sign or date the forms.

F) They aren't using the products that they are attempting to claim contingency for. Please don't do this! It could cause manufacturers to cancel their contingency program with us altogether. You will be publically shamed if you cause something like this to happen.

Furthermore, I guess I should ask everyone to PLEASE READ THE FORMS before you fill them out and save yourself some time by NOT signing up for contingency if they DON'T pay in your class. In most cases it is clearly marked on the form. If not, I have a reference book at every event where we can double check. I threw away about half of the forms that were turned from last race 'cause you all were signing up for contingency that wasn't available. Save a tree, read your forms.

If you've lost interest in my blatherings by now, don't worry - I'm gonna talk about it again tonight at the general meeting and again at BOTH riders meetings this weekend. Heck, I may even do a memo...