PDA

View Full Version : Great Event at May Farms Today!!

Wild Cheetah 612
October 7th, 2007, 10:14 PM
For those of you who missed it, you really missed it!
We all met at a wonderful place today called May Farms. Then we took a bus to the track led by our Tour Guide/President, Glenn Conser. On the ride, Glenn told the story of how we came to be at this point in the development of the track. We all then walked a lap that's already staked out and referenced the track map from time to time for perspective's sake. To walk a lap on the new track and see its ups and downs and turns was truly amazing! I am more excited than ever to see this become a reality. We went back to May Farms for the silent auction and free dinner. A presentation followed giving us even more information on the progress of the track, funding, and future additions.
High Plains Raceway is bad ass!!!! Way more interesting than Miller and makes Second Creek look like a miniature. We are so close to reaching our minimum cash goal for a bare bones track. With more contributions, we can have a facility that puts to shame anything we've ever had before in the state of Colorado. And the best part is that nobody will have a say in the track except us because we will own it and we will run it. Nobody will make a profit on the track so costs can be kept down.
Come to the General Meeting on Thursday and hear about the day from all your friends and fellow racers. 7:00pm at Breckenridge Brewery.

Tumbleweed
October 7th, 2007, 10:40 PM
Thank you May Farms for the hospitality.

As for the track, What Donna said.

F-ing amazing. You will s**t yourself when you see the layout in person. I was truly glad when the season ended cause I was worn out in many ways but standing on the site of the new track made me want to ride right now. Every turn looks fun and challenging. There are so many passing zones for us bikes. I think I would be right in saying that you will have some of the best racing and battles of your racing career on this track. And if you have heard of the track being talked about with hills and elevation changes, talk does not do it justice. When you see the blind corner entries and drop offs that the land features have to offer you will s**t yourself with excitement. I can't wait to race this track. And it will be a safe track from the looks of the runoff and design. Seriously lets get this track built right now. I wanna race it.

Jess and I went tonight not planning on donating any more money cause we have already given alot but after standing on the track site we could not resist but to win a couple auction items. I truly believe that it is our responsibility to get this track built and that means us contributing money. I want this track and Jess and I have given everything we can to help. Any of you who have not donated money yet, if you stood on the track site and looked at what we will be racing on next year you would donate immediately. I urge you to give what you can. Even if all you can afford is $20 at least you did something.

Thank you Glenn for putting this on. I know you are working your a$$ off for this track. The new track will be in my dreams tonight.

neh
October 7th, 2007, 10:51 PM
After the post by tumbleweed, it looks like the first thing that will be built will have to be the leech field. :-D

Is the old layout of the track staked or did they go back over it with the most recent revision?

bluedevil
October 8th, 2007, 06:22 AM
No doubt that layout is awesome. Looks really fast and lots of elevation changes. Looks to me like lots of sections for wheelies on liter bikes too... Cant wait to try the mini Laguna corkscrew....

The only thing that bugs me is the number of folks that have contributed.... Something less than 40 people in this club ???? We are in last place on contributions (as in number of individual contributors) yet probably complain the most about having a new track.... Get out there guys and write a check.... Anything helps... Heck if you can spare 20 bucks a paycheck... Something... We are so close to this awesome track right in our back yard. Dont leave it up to someone else to handle it for you.. Know that when this track opens you helped make it happen...

The layout impressed me so much that I will be sending out my 3rd donation with my next paycheck......

On a side note: Thanks to Mayfarms for the good food, and great location...

The GECCO
October 8th, 2007, 08:12 AM
We are in last place on contributions yet probably complain the most about having a new track

Just to clarify, we are in a close second place in total dollars raised, but we are in last place in number of individual donors. I'll have updated numbers in the next 24 hours or so.

I'm glad everyone had a good time!

DingleBerns
October 8th, 2007, 11:34 AM
I just wanted to publicly thank these people who donated to the silent auction:

The guys at Faster! Motorsports
Bree at XBAM
Keith at Performance Imagery
Marty at 12 VOLT!
Frank at TBS graphics
Shiela #333
Down to earth dental
Earlene and the staff at Pueblo Motorsports Park
Mark Schellinger at VANMAR Racing
Donna and the guys at TRI-CITY-CYCLE
Tony Baker at Aviation and occupational medicine
Jon at the Walnut room
and Double T Terry Teske for the beer and helping me set up

I couldn't have done it without you guys. Thanks a lot! If I forgot anyone, sorry, but I thank you as well.

And for those that bidded on these items your money went to an excellent cause and I want to thank you as well. This track is gunna kick some serious a$$.

Kickstand
October 8th, 2007, 06:35 PM
Thank you Glenn & May Farms!

It was totally awesome.. The track is amazing and looks like not only will it pose a challenge to the riders but also to the corner workers... This is going to be great adventure..... I cant wait!!!!

The only down side? :( I cant have a tree in pre-grid like I wanted... O Well! The rest of the track will truly make up for it!

I don't know many, if any, corner workers have donated... But Matt & I will definitely be giving on our next checks.....

Tawny & Matt