PDA

View Full Version : Steve Fish update

Kuper
October 2nd, 2007, 08:25 PM
Spoke to a friend at Steves shop yesterday. He still cant breath on his own, they said he coughed when they tried the Trach Tube which they say is a good sign. Due to him not being able to breath on his own yet they will be transporting him to Denver sometime this week.
Mike

Kris
October 4th, 2007, 03:17 PM
Thank you Mike for the update on Steve. We are keeping him in our thoughts and prayers.

TRK
October 4th, 2007, 11:01 PM
Anything new?

Kuper
October 6th, 2007, 04:07 AM
I found out today that Steve has been moved to a hospital in Denver. I am not sure on his breathing status yet but is awake however, he is un-responsive to his surroundings.
I will post which hospital in Denver as soon as I find out.
Mike

chrobis
October 6th, 2007, 06:36 AM
Would you also check into when visiting privileges will extend to friends, not just family? Thanks.

St. Hubbins
October 6th, 2007, 08:54 AM
get well soon Steve

froth
October 10th, 2007, 12:29 PM
Hey, is Steve doing any better, can we get an update???

All wishes and prayers for a positive developement.

Budd435
October 10th, 2007, 08:39 PM
Get well soon Steve.

tomtom
October 10th, 2007, 08:51 PM
Hey Steve Fish - Get well fast!!! We're all counting on it. The MRA family
is, and are here - for ya.

RRUELLE
October 11th, 2007, 02:49 PM
Sorry to hear about this wreck so late. its been a crazy week as far as crashes go . Hang in there Steve, LP wishes you a speedy recovery!

Spicee Brown
October 11th, 2007, 04:26 PM
My best wishes for your recovery. I check the news on injured riders often, we need you back out there ASAP! Get well soon, Steve.
Dave

Kuper
October 15th, 2007, 07:13 PM
Steve is still in Denver, I havent been told the hospital name yet. He still has his trach tube in but has been trying to speak. The doctors are considering removing the trach tube soon, but no one is sure how his thoughts are processing.
I will post the hospital name when I get it however I do not think they are allowing any visitors except family.
Mike

bluedevil
October 16th, 2007, 06:39 AM
So he is also awake ?

Kuper
October 17th, 2007, 04:12 AM
Yes, he is awake.

Kuper
October 26th, 2007, 06:20 PM
Steve is in the Kindred Hospital in Denver. I have been told he can have non-family visitation but have not yet confirmed that with the Hospital. Steve is still getting assistance breathing and has not spoken or walked yet. The med staff is sitting him up but I think that is more to relieve pressure sores and help with fluid in the lungs. At this time the full extent of the damage is still unknown.
Mike

Bueller999
October 26th, 2007, 08:14 PM
This is very sad, I hope for the best for him. :(

TRK
October 27th, 2007, 08:37 AM
Wishing Steve a fast and full recovery.

Can we sticky this thread as well?

froth
October 27th, 2007, 06:43 PM
How cognisant is he?? Can we do anything to see him and help out?

Fred

tomtom
October 27th, 2007, 08:59 PM
I hope Steve's doing ok, and yes- we all can help a brother racer out.

How can we do this now ??

I'll put in $100.00; anyone want to match?

Kickstand
October 27th, 2007, 09:59 PM
my prayers are with you steve... Can any of the money from the benefit race be put towards helping steve too?

Kuper
October 28th, 2007, 02:55 AM
Steve is fully awake, but no one can tell how well recognizes family and friends. His wife's name is Ann and she is at the hospital often. I do not have her contact info, she would be the one to speak with regarding setting up any kind of donation program.
I am just trying to keep everyone updated on his condition. Within the next week or two I plan on driving over to visit him and will post how he is doing.
Mike

akuretz
October 28th, 2007, 08:26 PM
I don't believe I know Steve, but this is very sad to hear, and my thoughts are with him.

Kuper
November 4th, 2007, 12:03 AM
I got some good news about Steve today. He is breathing on his own and able to speak. He has some short term memory loss, I am not sure about long term. He has told his wife that he wants to go home. Other injuries from the crash are 6 broken ribs and a broken scapula. Steve will be moved to Craig Hospital in Denver, Ivan Tedesco was also there after his MX crash, to finish re-hab.
Mike

Budd435
November 4th, 2007, 12:22 AM
Thanks for the good news.

1ofTheBoys
November 4th, 2007, 08:24 AM
That is good news...thanks for the update.

Kickstand
November 4th, 2007, 07:11 PM
That is SOOOOOOOOOO Awesome! I'm glad to hear he is doing much better than before!

Get Well Soon!

dave.gallant
November 4th, 2007, 07:51 PM
Great News!

Heal up Steve!!

Kris
November 17th, 2007, 03:15 PM
Any update on Steve??

Kuper
December 5th, 2007, 04:00 AM
I spoke to Steve's wife yesterday. Steve is doing better, he has been moved to the Craig Hospital. Most of his fractures are healed but he is still in some pain from the broken scapula. He is still on a feeding tube but is putting on some weight now. He recognizes some people who have been in to see him. His memory is spotty but improving. He cannot walk yet but is moving around in bed some and sitting up. The future is a bit unclear however I have been told anywhere to 2 to 6 more months in the hospital.
Mike

tomtom
December 6th, 2007, 11:11 PM
That's great news! I hope Steve can get back on the bike for our
2008 season, maybe High Plains Raceway opening day.
Get well soon!!

Spicee Brown
December 19th, 2007, 10:06 AM
We Are all very glad for the good news, Both racers had us very scared for a while ( especially Steve)..and now heres to a speedy recovery. Lousy way to spend Christmas.
Spicee

dave.gallant
December 19th, 2007, 10:08 AM
I spoke to Steve's wife yesterday. Steve is doing better, he has been moved to the Craig Hospital. Most of his fractures are healed but he is still in some pain from the broken scapula. He is still on a feeding tube but is putting on some weight now. He recognizes some people who have been in to see him. His memory is spotty but improving. He cannot walk yet but is moving around in bed some and sitting up. The future is a bit unclear however I have been told anywhere to 2 to 6 more months in the hospital.
Mike

Seems like an awful long time on a feeding tube.

Any news if he is off it and now more mobile?

Jon
January 5th, 2008, 02:47 PM
Any update on this rider and when we can expect to see him back on the grid?

Kuper
January 6th, 2008, 03:55 PM
Steve is still in Craig Hospital, he is eating some food now. He has healed enough that he can sit up for extended periods of time now and can be moved around by wheelchair. I think he will be there until the end of the month then he will probably move to another facility in the Denver area.
Mike

Kris
January 6th, 2008, 10:35 PM
Thank you for keeping us updated on his status.

T Baggins
February 1st, 2008, 08:48 AM
Anything new on Steve?

chrobis
February 3rd, 2008, 08:08 AM
I called Craig Hospital yesterday and found that Steve is no longer there - he must have gone home to Grand Junction. I visited with him a couple of weeks ago; my impression based on that one visit was that he has a long road of rehab ahead of him, but since it was my only contact with him since his accident, I don't have any context for degree of improvement. My thoughts will remain with him.

Kuper
February 19th, 2008, 12:24 AM
Steve is in Mesa Vista in Boulder. His wife told me he is walking a bit with the assistance of a walker. The Doctors are impressed with the speed in which he is relearning physical skills, reading, writing, walking etc. Steve is estimated to be there for another two months or so. Meanwhile, in order to help with finances his wife has asked me to help sell some of his bikes. I will be posting them in classifieds as soon as I get more details but please keep it in mind if you know anyone looking to get a new bike for '08. I believe there will be two 2007 GSXR1000s one 2005 GSXR1000 Hypercycle bike, 2005 R6 and an 01 KTM 525 for sale.
Mike Kuper

Throttleroller277
February 19th, 2008, 07:58 AM
Thanks for the update Kuper!

I did not know Steve very well, but he did race most of the MoM series in 07'.

A very tragic thing for sure. Good to know that he is making a recovery. 8)

EdDuenez
February 20th, 2008, 12:16 AM
Good luck Steve, and thanks for the update Kuper
Ed Duenez MRA#7

chrobis
February 21st, 2008, 05:23 AM
Steve's visiting hours are from 9am to 9pm, and are open to friends and family. If you have some time, stop by and give a brother some support - he has a lot of time on his hands and will appreciate the company.

Mesa Vista of Boulder is a little secluded, so unless you know Boulder well, pull up an online map.

2121 Mesa Dr
Boulder, CO 80304
(303) 442-4037

Kuper
March 10th, 2008, 01:32 AM
Steve's wife has taken his bikes to Davis Service Center, the bike shop that sponsored Steve, to sell. I dont have any pictures of the bikes but they might. There are 2 2007 GSXR1K, 2005 GSXR1K Hypercycle build race bike, 01 KTM Dirt bike and an R6. if anyone is interested contact Davis Service Center in Montrose Colorado.

Faster Motosports
March 12th, 2008, 10:44 AM
Steve took very good care of his bikes. I believe both the GSXR 1000's have ohlins 25mm front cartridges, and ttx shocks. I do not remember if both or only one was a superstock motor build, maybe both had a little superstock stuff done to the motors.

tomtom
March 13th, 2008, 09:22 PM
There's several cool pictures of Steve racing those bikes on the LP site, I'm not
sure which tracks they're at other than Miller, but check out like page 36 or 38 of the '07 racers in the photo archive
at

http://www.teamprivateer.com

I think one shot was from a Pueblo event, not sure though.
Tom

chrobis
September 28th, 2008, 10:59 AM
I was in Boulder a few weeks ago, and stopped by to visit with Steve, only to find that he had been moved to yet another facility in the Denver metro area. Due to HIPPA rules, the staff at Mesa Vista could not tell me where.

I have every intention to protect Steve's privacy, but also would like to be able to provide some social support. If anyone knows how to contact his family and would either forward this request or inquire directly into whether they would be willing to share his new location, I'd be much obliged.

Jon
September 30th, 2008, 09:52 PM
I've got a girlfriend who works at Mesa and actually knew and saw after Steve. I asked her to see where he was transferred and though she stated he wouldn't ever get better she said his wife seemed to think differently. Regardless, I'll call her tomorrow and see where he was moved to. Thanks for checking, I'm sure he'll appreciate it and I hope that he has indeed recovered further from where he was at the time he moved.
Jon

Jon
October 1st, 2008, 11:02 PM
Steve was moved to Learning Services, 7021 West Hampton Ave. Lakewood, CO. 80227 (303)-989-6660