PDA

View Full Version : Barber anyone

Jon
September 30th, 2007, 07:26 PM
Well as I've been to Daytona more times than not since I've been racing and it's not really a place I wish to go to alone. I was wondering if anyone has any interest in Barber Motorsports Park? It's got a festival going on the same weekend as the ROC with Vintage and Modern Single, Twins and Triples racing as well as well about all Motorcycle Vintage days does. There's a museum with new and old F1 cars, 1100 motorcycles and it's a truly beautiful facility. You could spend hours in the museum and still not see it all. I visited it on the way down to Daytona couple years ago and now looks as if I maybe ready to give the track a try. The AMA Superbike series actually goes there so I believe it's a pretty good track. It's nine hours closer and seems like it's be a great time. If anyone's interested I can get them there if they'd care to help out.

glenngsxr
September 30th, 2007, 08:39 PM
jon,
when would this be and is there racing for us inline four guys? Glenn #62

Jon
September 30th, 2007, 09:24 PM
It's the same weekend as the ROC 10/18-21. As far as modern four banger stuff there's none as only Post Modern Four are allowed that would be bikes from the Cooley, Spencer and Lawson days. That probably predates you. Spencer and Lawson went onto win world championships in Europe BTW and Freddie later started a school called the Freddie Spencer riding school.
Anyhow I'm still on the fence as I've already paid for the Team Hammer practice day at Daytona and the races. Problem is I've got like two back to backs and that due to the sheer size of the paddock makes getting to the track entrance tough at Daytona and if there's a red flag even tougher! I'm still trying to figure it out but thanks for your interest.
It's like I said for Vintage or Modern Singles, Twins and Triples if you don't have a four cylinder GS, CB or KZ your kind of out of luck. The museum's very cool though and if you ever get a chance to get by there I suggest it highly. You living in Colorado though understand that Alabama is far far away but 9 hours closer than Florida so if you ever do get to leave this region of the country you may want to look into it. If you get a road Atlas look towards the southeastern United States, you'll find it nestled there beneath Tennessee

kfm61
October 1st, 2007, 06:34 PM
I was at Barber last year, and I am going again this year. Racing the Thruxton in the AHRMA classes is fun, plus the track is a really cool track. The have some classes for modern bikes, but racing AHRMA is very different from the MRA. If you go, race there with the idea that you're there for fun, not trying to get attention from sponsors. It's a really relaxed atmosphere. And unless your pretty good, remember that you're normally out there with ex-champions, they were fast when they were young, and they are still pretty fast! I do feel good that I was beat by Jay Springsteen and Jimmy Filece (sp?), and that I actually beat old guy Gary Nixon! Like Jon said, the museum is cool!