PDA

View Full Version : anyone interested in Mid America Superbike Shootout?

glenngsxr
September 28th, 2007, 10:19 AM
Oct. 13-14th at Mid America only a little ways past hastings. Usually some big guns show up and lots of racers from all over the country. Anyone interested? Glenn #62

dave.gallant
September 28th, 2007, 11:02 AM
Oct. 13-14th at Mid America only a little ways past hastings. Usually some big guns show up and lots of racers from all over the country. Anyone interested? Glenn #62

MidAmerica is 10 hours in a big rig, so it is a bit more than a "little ways" past Hastings.

That said, the track is a blast to race on, and I know our very own Mark Nudelman will be out there so it would be great to join him.

rforsythe
September 28th, 2007, 11:15 AM
MAM is 8 hours if you don't drive a freakin' semi, 9 with food and fuel stops and a pulled MCL that you got on the way out of town. ;)

MAM is also a kick ass track, and if you've never raced at or near sea level, you should check it out! The first time you launch it on the start and the front comes straight up, you will be like "ohhhh... so THAT'S where the throttle went!". Lots of fun turns, and I'm not sure who is hosting this one but if it's CMRA they were great a couple years ago when I went out for the MRA/CMRA showdown. Glenn Conser in a dress, not so great (though he did have a great set of breasts). ... I'm sure pics are floating around here somewhere.

hcr25
September 28th, 2007, 11:30 AM
It is a very fun track! The CMRA is a Texas club But the CRA held races there in the past. Im guessing it is a CCS race though.
Earlier this year myself, Justin Meyer, C Weed and pretty boy Dale Eaton did the CCS great plains race at Hastings. Only around 55 riders showed for that event. Hopefully more will go to MAM, either way you will like the track.
mike

rforsythe
September 28th, 2007, 11:31 AM
Ahhh yeah CRA, sorry. Thanks for the correction Mike.

dave.gallant
September 28th, 2007, 11:32 AM
MAM is 8 hours if you don't drive a freakin' semi, 9 with food and fuel stops and a pulled MCL that you got on the way out of town.

My semi with the big trailer is a lot faster than in the dually pulling the damn thing. I have to set the cruise control on the thing to keep me from going too fast in it!! :)

glenngsxr
September 28th, 2007, 11:34 AM
so anybody up for a sweet challenge? no license to buy, qualifying, and a ton of racers from all over the country on a sweet track. Glenn #62

rforsythe
September 28th, 2007, 11:41 AM
My semi with the big trailer is a lot faster than in the dually pulling the damn thing. I have to set the cruise control on the thing to keep me from going too fast in it!! :)

True dat! My new diesel is a lot faster too, had the same issue going to pueblo this past weekend. It would seem that at 80mph, the engine sits right on the start of the fun part of the power band...

so anybody up for a sweet challenge? no license to buy, qualifying, and a ton of racers from all over the country on a sweet track. Glenn #62

If I was racing this year, I would be all over it. Seriously guys, get out there and ride MAM! Race, explore new tracks, have fun! The drive is worth it. I was a little on the fence when I went, but some other racers convinced me to try it. Even racing with a knee that was F'd the F up it was worth the trip!

XBAM
September 28th, 2007, 12:15 PM
Anybody who's been there have any opinion on whether it would be a good venue for XBAM? I just emailed them for info and asked about vendors.
I'm not doing anything else that weekend yet....sounds like fun!

JimWilson29
September 28th, 2007, 12:22 PM
Anybody who's been there have any opinion on whether it would be a good venue for XBAM? I just emailed them for info and asked about vendors.
I'm not doing anything else that weekend yet....sounds like fun!

you can get an idea about how many racers will be attending by checking the pre-entry list on Track Addix's website- http://trackaddix.com/?race=1&pager=104

Jon
September 28th, 2007, 04:13 PM
Mid America is 7/1/2 hours away driving close to the speed limit (well as close as I can) and's 577 miles from Boulder. The tracks great, the pits unless they've done some major patch work pretty bad though better than Second Creek. The event is a CCS race with Track Addix who throw there heart and soul into making it a fun event. Weather can be a bit iffy this time of year though.
Old Market section of Omaha's a blast (reminds you a lot of LODO) and if you go I suggest it highly.....lots of loose women (like I'd know) regardless a fun event especially if your riding a Kawasaki as it's a contengency date. I'd be there but the Race of Champions in Daytona is the following weekend. Question are you guys headed down?
Anyhow if you go have a great time good luck and see you in the hopefully sunny south.

nude
September 29th, 2007, 03:49 PM
I will be heading out either either Thursday night (get a few hours on the road in the RV) or Friday morning. If anyone is interested in caravanning out let me know (we go 65 the whole way). MAM is a fun track. It is flat, fast, and has a good variety of elements. Check out our website www.trackaddix.com. The Shootout is 20 laps and there are lightweight, middleweight and unlimited classes and it is free. We will also give you a one day license so you don't have to purchase a license for just one weekend. Let me know if you have any questions.

Nude

glenngsxr
September 29th, 2007, 06:58 PM
nude,
when do you plan on returning? Glenn #62

nude
September 30th, 2007, 08:21 AM
We usually head out after the races are over. This gets us back to Denver around 2am. Since this is the last race of the season, and I am doing fairly well in the points, we might not take off right away. There really are no set plans - what are you thinking - when do you need to be back?

glenngsxr
September 30th, 2007, 08:40 PM
I was hoping to carpool with some folks, but it seems that it's not sparking to much interest. I don't necessarily have to be back for anything that weekend. Glenn #62

Vanmar Racing
October 3rd, 2007, 09:46 AM
We are thinking about going.............

glenngsxr
October 3rd, 2007, 05:50 PM
well, think faster darnit. The suspense is killing me. Glenn #62

XBAM
October 4th, 2007, 05:12 PM
I'm going...got the okay from Dean R. I'll be heading out Friday morning, and will be available Friday PM in case somebody has a sore back from driving!
I should be pretty easy to find all weekend.