PDA

View Full Version : Fundraising Track Day to benefit SpiderBob

jplracing
September 26th, 2007, 04:20 PM
With the looming expenses Bob will face we have come up with a great idea

We will be running a benefit track day at PMP on Saturday Nov. 17th.

Minimum Donation to Bob's fund

$100.00 for a full track day
$75.00 for a half track day

**this is the first weekend day availible**

In case of bad weather Ene has penciled us in for two make up dates. Those dates are Nov 18th and Nov 24th

Earlene and Jay at PMP have graciously offer the use of the track at no cost to us to help raise money for Bob...so a big thank you to them

Myself, Mark Schellinger, Jim Wilson and Scott Rybarik will be on hand to donate our time for anyone needing a class, however the minimum donation if you need the class will be $150.00

So mark your calenders and see you there!

Questions please PM me

Joe

Earlene
September 27th, 2007, 05:59 AM
I know all of us are with Bob in prayers and get well wishes. This is a way we can put our support with him. Please come for the track day and help.

None of know what the weather will bring but the track will be there, a lot of your friends will be there and let's rock the place for Bob.

Thanks to each of you,
Ene

XBAM
September 27th, 2007, 09:58 AM
Yes I am going to hope for good weather too!!! XBAM will be set up offering bodywork at the track day, all proceeds to be donated to the SpiderBob fund.

Ashli
September 27th, 2007, 02:08 PM
I'll be there with Hoopty, I'll do whatever is needed to help unless I can find a track bike for the day 8)

James W
September 30th, 2007, 06:20 PM
We plan to be there also.
James W :D

jplracing
October 6th, 2007, 09:27 AM
I just received this email from Earlene....YOU COULD WIN FREE PRACTICE FOR THE 08 SEASON!

By the way dear friend. On the November 17 day, I want to sweeten the pot for Bob. There will be a drawing. The only way anyone can win is:

1. Must have paid their track fee to you.
2. Must be present to win.

Win what, you say ?????????????????

2 Free, Full track days, per month from May-September. So that is 10 free full track days to one rider. One name will be chosen, One winner. Value $750.00.

If you want to post it on the sites, go for it. I just want to help Bob however I can.

Ene

DingleBerns
October 6th, 2007, 09:33 AM
Wow that amazing, thanks Earlene! Wish I had the day off to come. I am going to try and get someone to work for me...

Timmay!
October 6th, 2007, 01:42 PM
Joe and Ralph, I received approval from the board on my proposal to use the MRA equipment, ie: radios, flags, crash cart, extinguishers, etc for this event. I will bring the MRA truck down to the track and help Marshal/corner work along with Michelle and Autumn.

Hope this helps. I know Bob would do any of this, for any of us.

Spicee Brown
October 6th, 2007, 01:55 PM
I'd love to do this! Praying the weather holds out for this one, I may bring a first time PMP friend down to donate/participate. Will there be a safety class for him? He;s experienced, but rules are rules ( and a good one at that). Thanks for the grand prize to "sweeten the POT" , Earlene! Wish bob was healthy and there was no need for this. Look forward to seeing some old friends during the winter break.
Cant wait for next year.
get well soon, Spidee.
Cheers,
Dave Strain, poor 164
Colorado Powersports

DingleBerns
October 6th, 2007, 02:07 PM
Myself, Mark Schellinger, Jim Wilson and Scott Rybarik will be on hand to donate our time for anyone needing a class, however the minimum donation if you need the class will be $150.00

Dave, yes there is a class for him. Contact Joe or Mark to set that up in advance or maybe they can do it when you guys arrive. But I would call ahead IMO. Dingle

rforsythe
October 6th, 2007, 07:45 PM
Joe and Ralph, I received approval from the board on my proposal to use the MRA equipment, ie: radios, flags, crash cart, extinguishers, etc for this event. I will bring the MRA truck down to the track and help Marshal/corner work along with Michelle and Autumn.

Hope this helps. I know Bob would do any of this, for any of us.

Big thanks Tim (and Michelle/Autumn)! Now I know why my PM asking if we could use flags and stuff was being ignored. ;) :lol:

We had a good news day on Bob, but I will let Joe make the post about that.

jplracing
October 7th, 2007, 12:04 AM
Tim and everyone.

Thank you!

Joe

Razr20
October 11th, 2007, 11:40 AM
Glad to here the update on Bob.
I'll be there Nov 17th to add to the support.

jplracing
October 16th, 2007, 05:49 PM
ok we have 20+ people coming down for Bob's track day.

Please check out the csc thread for the details

http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=3aa97e6e10e4f4a7ce6288c2b12b207 d&f=26

***Important****

A few changes have been made to the line up and day's festivities

Tammy Schellinger (Team Vamar boss lady), Kris Hillman and Krissy Bash have volenteered to bring hamburgers, hotdogs and other assorted food and drinks for all the track day people. They will be selling the food with 100% going to help Boob errr Bob

I am currently working on having a couple of top local racers on hand to help out anyone that wants it. They will be charging $40 per twently minute session, with all of the money going to Bob....this is an awesome way to learn how to improve on you skillz ( or Jim's Mad Skillz)! And before anybody gets too excited, I have reserved two of the sessions for ME! These sessions will be on a first come first serve basis, with sign ups at the track. Right now Mark Schellinger has been committed (by Tammy) to be providing this service. I will let everyone know when I get commitments from a few others

In terms of the Newb class I have gotten a few questions as to how to sign up. Please post in this thread and hopefully a mod can edit the list so it is on one page. I need to know with as much notice as possible how many new track day riders will be in attendance so that I can have the appropriate number of insturctors. I like to have my student to teacher ratio as small as possible.

And by the way saw Bob today...he is doing very well

Joe

OConnell
October 17th, 2007, 08:51 AM
I posted in the CSC thread that im definately in. Also, a good friend of mine who used to be a track day guy is going to come down and take the certification class on my 600. Let me know what info you need to get him signed up.

motobum
October 17th, 2007, 10:57 AM
me and my pops will be there!

jplracing
October 31st, 2007, 04:16 PM
I received conformation from Go Fast today that they will have a promotions crew on hand to pass out free Go Fast Energy Drinks. They will also be having a raffle only availible to attendees and volunteers for free Go Fast shirts, hats and stuff...

So it really looks like this day is shaping up to be a great time and will provide some need help to Bob

We will also have a few AMA pro riders on hand (Mark Schellinger and Brad Hendry). They will be selling short session of help to any rider that would like it.

Vanmar Racing/Michelin Tires will be offering tire support and XBAM will be provide massages

PMP has offered to raffle of 10 free trackdays (for the summer of 2008 to one lucky winner)

Earlene(ENE) is working on a group hotel rate and should be getting back to me today or tomorrow.

So....this is going to be a great event. Hope to see everyone there!

DowntoEarthDental
October 31st, 2007, 06:52 PM
I plan on being there also, Hope the weather holds!!

jplracing
October 31st, 2007, 06:57 PM
Don't forget that we have two alternative dates with the weather is bad

The day we are planning on is Nov. 17th

The first weather date is Nov.18th
The second weather date is Nov 24th.

Vanmar Racing
November 1st, 2007, 10:01 PM
Hey Folks!!!

There are revised rules to the raffle for the free Pueblo track days!!!

You don't have to be present to win!!!

Tickets are 100.00 each! Buy 2 tickets, get 2 chances to win and so on.

You can donate or sign up for the track day through the link below:

http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/benefitday.php

We really hope to see you there but if you can't make it please donate whatever you can for Bob.

Additional info:
The track day will be run in sessions.
Mark Schellinger and other top instructors will be there to help coach you and work on your skillz!
We will be serving food for small donations to Bob's fund.
The Vanmar Trailer will be there to offer tire support.

Thanks!

Spicee Brown
November 6th, 2007, 04:12 PM
It is with much sadness that I must report I will be deliquent from the forthcoming events..Much to my chagrin.

In other words, I cant go.
Gotta work Saturday, still no seniority. Have fun for me at Pueblo, everyone. Maybe Ill see you peeps st the banquet.

G O - B O B ! ! Glad youre doing better.

Dave Strain #164