PDA

View Full Version : Spectator injured on Labor Day

chrobis
September 26th, 2007, 09:30 AM
Has anyone been in contact with the spectator that was injured during the Labor Day races?

Although not a racer, this guy was out there supporting us. Maybe we could get a card for him signed tonight at the Breck while we're showing our support for Bob and Steve?

rforsythe
September 26th, 2007, 09:55 AM
Hey Chris,

He's on CSC (username is 'Matty') and has been posting occasionally. He is out of the hospital and recovering, painfully and slowly, but he is recovering.

chrobis
September 26th, 2007, 12:25 PM
Ralph -

What do you think of the idea of getting a card signed for Matty as well, since you are providing a convenient gathering place & time?

If you haven't already gotten the cards for Bob and Steve, I'll gladly reimburse you for a third card.

racerwannabe
September 26th, 2007, 12:45 PM
I am sure Matty would love a card or any kind of support he can get. That incident was one of the weirder things I have seen happen at a race.

At any rate, Matty is out of the hospital, and getting around slowly with a walker. He even got permission to get a rental car (as his is a 5 speed) and start driving again. He is on the road to recovery, but what happened killed his snowboarding season for him, which he was quite looking forward to as he had JUST moved here from LA when this happened. Either way, he is on both the CSC boards and on MySpace if anyone wants to hit him up.

rforsythe
September 26th, 2007, 01:05 PM
If someone else can grab a card I would appreciate it, I already went shopping for Bob and Steve.

chrobis
September 26th, 2007, 01:11 PM
I'll get the card, and try to get to the Breck early. Where did you end up getting the cards for Bob and Steve - are they standard Walgreens fare, or did you have to go to a specialty card shop?

chrobis
September 26th, 2007, 01:14 PM
racerwannabe -

You sound like you know Matty personally - would you be willing to deliver the card?

rforsythe
September 26th, 2007, 01:15 PM
Big cards that weren't stupid whales and crap are nowhere to be found. So I got a smaller card fitting for Bob's personality, and a couple large sheets of posterboard along with markers. Lots of room for people to sign, or draw, or just be themselves.

Dizzy D
September 29th, 2007, 07:35 AM
Just an FYI,

I did mail Matty the card. He gave me his address. He said thank you for thinking of him.

He also came to the Wednesday night card signing. He was using a walker and getting along slowly, but was ok.

Donna

rforsythe
September 30th, 2007, 02:28 PM
I met Matty yesterday, he's doing better. Still going to be a while before he's healed up, but he is able to get around on crutches part of the time now, and is in good spirits.