PDA

View Full Version : A big thanks from a new racer

Dodd
September 23rd, 2007, 10:47 PM
I just want to say thank you to everyone who helped me throw a bike together and get out for the last race of the season. (Faster motorsports, with thier quick work and understanding during my oil pressure fopaux')

Absolutly everyone I had contact with, directly or just in passing was more than happy to give me a moment, to help teach me (Mark, nice hair by the way) or just to guide a confused newbie in where to go, what to do and most importiantly, "Just relax", always with a smile and not a hint of irritation.

I have never met a more friendly, more family oriented bunch. My first race weekend was, albiet stressfull, fun and rewarding.

I was about to scream waiting for my first grid, but everyone was calming, reassuring and supportive.

I made it through my first practice sessons and race without any drama, (Although when a faster rider first blows by you like your standing still, that can cause some rectal-seat intigration, Jesus thats scary when your not used to it) and absolutly can not wait to race again.

My thoughts are with the guys who went down, esp. the fella who wrecked hard, my dad and I saw that guy take flight, and we hope for his speedy recovery.

Hopfully next season I can bring a handfull of guys down from the mountain with me to help work corners and race, I'm sure it won't be hard with me singing your praises.

I'm rambling now, and I will for get to mention a lot of people, but thank you all.

Dodd-#458

kfm61
September 24th, 2007, 08:55 AM
Hey Dodd,

Your post brought back some funny memories, especially about the faster bikes going around you! Hell, they still go around me like I was standing still !

Welcome to the racing, the offers of help from fellow competitors in this club continues to impress me.

Don