PDA

View Full Version : 2024 MRA Board of Directors Nominations

Spiderman
September 14th, 2023, 07:53 PM
2024 MRA Board of Directors Nominations are open. Nominations will close at the end of the MRA General Meeting on October 11th. Elections will be held up to the Annual Meeting on November 8th, when voting will close and the results announced. Please see the MRA Board of Directors Election Information page (https://www.mra-racing.org/mra-board-election-information/) on the the MRA website for open position descriptions, the official list of current nominations, and the latest updates.

Nominations can be made via replying to this post, or through any Board Member. They do NOT need to be seconded. Please do us the courtesy of accepting or declining so we can let the members know as we go. Anyone can be nominated by any MRA Member, but the nominee MUST become an MRA member before accepting the nomination. New memberships will NOT be accepted after 12pm on Sunday September 24th (Round 7).

Spiderman
October 16th, 2023, 10:10 AM
Sorry about the delay in getting these posted - here are the bios that have been submitted/received:

President - Bob Hasenhundl

I’m proud to have served as the MRA’s Vice President for the past 2 years, and I’m honored to have been nominated for the position of President.

When I first started racing with the MRA in 2004, there was a great sense of family, support, and pride in membership with the club. Some of that has waned over the years, and I’d like to thank Chris Nami for his efforts to try and resurrect that spirit within the club. I intend to continue those efforts, and one of the things I hope to implement is a form of internship to assist Rider Reps and other Board of Director positions. This can allow members to get involved, be a part of something bigger, and help out without making the full commitment of being on the Board of Directors.

I know I’m running unopposed, and didn’t even need to provide a bio, but I thought it was important to say something.

Thank you for your time, consideration, and your vote.

Bob Hasenhundl
MRA #46 (“Spiderman”)

VP of Rules & Tech - Santiago Shirts

Most of you know me, but for those that don’t, my name is Santiago Shirtz, and I am proud to have served as your for VP of Rules and Tech for 2023, especially because it was the club’s 50th anniversary season. I’m also very proud to have been nominated for this position again for 2024.

2023 was my first year as VP of Rules and Tech - it was a challenging yet rewarding experience, and I learned a lot in the process. I know there are areas for improvement, especially to the Friday Night Tech inspection, and I am already taking steps to ensure things go more smoothly next year.

I hope to see you all again next year, and thank you in advance for your consideration in voting for me for VP of Rules and Tech!

If you didn’t see my bio last year, or get to know me this season, here’s a little bit about me from last year’s election bio:

I’ve been with the MRA for over 20 years - as a kid when my dad raced, as a corner-worker, and finally as a racer. Some of the original familiar faces are still with our club, and it makes me happy to see that they’re still enjoying the club like they did all those years ago.

Many of you already know me personally, or know who I am, and I look forward to getting to know the rest of you next season. I have a lot of experience in automotive, motorcycle, and aircraft mechanics. I love this club, and feel that I have a lot that I can give back to it.

As the VP of Rules and Tech, my primary objective is the safety of the racers, by ensuring your motorcycles are safe, meeting the requirements set forth by the MRA Rulebook.

Thank you, very much, for your time.