PDA

View Full Version : Sexy Ben...how's it going ?

Scorekeeper
September 12th, 2007, 09:38 PM
Ben,
Cassy said she ran into you at DIA a few weeks back. How are things going for you?

Clarkie
September 12th, 2007, 09:42 PM
I talked to him last week and he sounded exited about the new gig....... well as excited as Ben can sound on the phone :lol: J/K

Talked with ST at Miller a few days ago and he said he spent a few days testing the latest evolution and while he couldnt say much he was obviously impressed with it. I am jealous of both of them 8)

Kickstand
September 13th, 2007, 04:50 PM
Where did Ben go?

Clarkie
September 13th, 2007, 05:40 PM
Well hopefully he has been to Dante's Inferno, especially on a Sunday night 8)

benfoxmra95
September 14th, 2007, 11:05 PM
bawhahahaha, dantes inferno, that's funny you mention it, cause yes I have bee there a lot lately.... If Portland has one thing its got to be one of the largest scenes for music, there's so many bands playing around here its ridiculous, you can't get around to see them all. The music out here it really progressive and if its any sign of what the new trends to come are you better like punk rock. I don't myself, but its interesting to see some of it....

Anyway I'm working for Motoczysz right now doing engine building and dyno development, for the last 3 weeks I have been slicing cams apart and putting them back together in different configurations to change the firing order on the motor, sounds effen scary doesn't it? Well actuly it pretty easy, well it is time consuming, because every lobe now has to be individually timed to the piston. I gotta tell you I have been on a pretty steep learning curve here, I'm working with a top notch engineer from cosworth in England and a former TRD F1 engineer.

These guys are fn smart. They can do some really hardcore mathematics. The one thing I contributing with experience is in the crankshaft balancing department, I just had all my crank equipment shipped out here and have given them some good direction on some stuff I have picked up in the real world, so that's cool, that I could help there and I have made some sugesstions on some other stuff that helped out a lot as well, but unfortunately I cannot tell you about it. There's some really cool stuff coming down the line from them so keep your eyes open you should be surprised.

Talk to you guys later

I miss the mra alot

benfoxmra95
September 14th, 2007, 11:35 PM
woops i hit the submit button to soon, i wanted to tell you guys about michael czysz as well, he is one of the most dynamic personalitys i have ever encountered. From the first encounter he can be totally
misinterpeted. But working with him on a daily basis, hes amazing, the guy has as much drive and determination i have ever seen, as much if not more than shane t. Hes incredibly smart and can speak intelligently on some many levels with engineers, hes a really cool guy on a personal level as well, we were at a ducati track day at pir and this was before he really knew me i had only been there a week or two, and hes out there on his supermono and i was out there on my ducati and hed come in and we talk abiut the track and riding bikes and everything youd expext to talk about with any other racer in the mra. He took genuine interest in what we talking about and valued what i was saying. I havent got to drive his ford gt40 yet, but im working on it :)

His dad is is as much a part of the project as he is, the dudes in his 60's and he got some grit. Weve been workin some pretty crazy hours and he right there with me. Doesnt miss a beat sometimes skips lunch and dinner. I workout a fair bit and kinda expected him to fade but hes a crusty old dude thats seen a lot of motorcycle engines and
built some record breaking stuff in his day. I
have learned some tricks from him.

Anyway, keepp your eyes glued to the discovery channel in november, there will be a special on the
company then. Unfortunately i just missed to filming and wont be in it. But who knows, you may see a reality series in the future, maybe ill get in that..

Later

Ben

Scorekeeper
September 16th, 2007, 10:56 PM
Holy smokes....that's the most I've ever heard from you! It's great to hear that it's keeping you busy. Let me know when you've figured out upgrades to my scooter.....I'm still waiting! Maybe with those other guys in the mix, they'll have some good suggestions.

Have you been able to do much riding on your R6? I hope so, it would be a shame to have to cut your season short. We miss seeing you on the grid :D
Chris

froth
September 17th, 2007, 08:19 AM
Hey Ben:

I'm glad you're doing well. So the old man has the drive still? Have these guys met George??? The Hastings-Portland connection could be scary!

Keep on tunin', and we'll see you (hopefully sooner rather than later)

Fred