PDA

View Full Version : White to ride AMA Spies Superstock bike???

bluedevil
September 12th, 2007, 10:34 AM
http://www.speedtv.com/articles/moto/amasuperbike/40151/

uuuuuummmmmmm

Comments?

Clarkie
September 12th, 2007, 10:48 AM
why not?

bluedevil
September 12th, 2007, 12:09 PM
Im wondering if he would still have to qualify or not? If he cant qualify... it would be for nothing right? Or would he get a free pass on the grid?

Would be nice to see more onboard AMA footage....

The GECCO
September 12th, 2007, 02:21 PM
I was wondering the same thing about qualifying. I saw him race AMA 600 Supersport a couple times and he wasn't exactly setting the world on fire. Who knows, maybe he's improved a bunch.

Clarkie
September 12th, 2007, 05:16 PM
it's about marketing, not results :wink:

The GECCO
September 12th, 2007, 05:19 PM
it's about marketing, not results :wink:

Yeah, but if you don't qualify it isn't about either! LoL

Clarkie
September 12th, 2007, 05:22 PM
It's a Factory Yoshimura Suzuki, of course it will qualify...........maybe with a 'ring in' to get him through qualifying :D Actually if he doesnt qualify he will go on and on about how amazing the bike was when he is doing his sideline bit, Freddy can talk about the Honda's and GW about the Suzuki, should make for riveting commentary :lol:

The GECCO
September 12th, 2007, 06:23 PM
Actually if he doesnt qualify he will go on and on about how amazing the bike was when he is doing his sideline bit

Hell yeah, I'd love to give it a whirl myself, though it'd prolly scare the poo-poo outta me, even if it is 'just a superstock' bike!

Clarkie
September 12th, 2007, 06:30 PM
nah, the new 1000's are really easy to ride, shit even Dave Gallant went well on my spare GSXR and he is a self proclaimed 'little bike rider' :lol:

vonconcepts.com
September 13th, 2007, 02:34 PM
I saw Greg ride a 600 at Barber a couple years ago and wasn't too impressed - in comparisson to the "pro" guys.... but I did the media thing too and was impressed from the outlook of jealous media guy.

That said, I have also received a bunch of press releases from Millinic Honda and the riding he's done on the Endurance team. I am sure all the saddle time this season has sharpened his skills.

Besides, how fast do you think you could get if you had factory support and the Champion giving you direct coaching?

I think its cool.

Kurt

akuretz
September 13th, 2007, 09:45 PM
Freddy can talk about the Honda's and GW about the Suzuki, should make for riveting commentary :lol:

I about busted a gut hearing Freddy talk about the new "swingin' arm" a couple months ago. :lol:

robochoad
September 14th, 2007, 11:48 AM
I'd prefer my hero Jason Pridmore got the chance but Greg White is a TV marketing ploy thing

Sparker
September 15th, 2007, 09:35 PM
Too bad he didnt make the 110% cut. Atleast we can be sure to have his colorful commentary for the races! haha

Scored51
September 17th, 2007, 09:11 AM
Actually if he doesnt qualify he will go on and on about how amazing the bike was when he is doing his sideline bit, :lol:

NAILED IT!!! :shock:

bluedevil
September 17th, 2007, 10:31 AM
The little snip it they played in Sunday cracked me up...... He wanted to make sure how well the public knew the bike was great, but he sucked... haha Think he said it like 3 times in the 2 mins or less clip.....

"The Gixxer1K bike was great, handeled well, lots of power, but I just didnt get the job done" :lol:

Tumbleweed
September 17th, 2007, 11:48 AM
Actually, I think he was trying to say, If he only had more time to get to know the bike he could do it. I wouldn't mind some sweet leathers and a chance to qualify on spies bike.