PDA

View Full Version : Two Ninja 250s

mopoet178
May 28th, 2020, 06:31 PM
Titled runners, second generation, trimmed down for track days or racing.

The blue one is sprung for 135# rider, not drilled for safety wire. Bike has never been down.
The orange one is sprung for 185# rider, drilled for safety wire. Rashed but fixed as necessary.
Both have cartridge emulators, slipons, rearsets, braided steel front brake line, race bodywork, EBC HH brake pads, and a homebrew carb tune performed at sea level.
Tires have good tread depth but are old. One good battery between them.
Box of spares, tune kits, etc...

Neither is a beauty queen, but both are safe, reliable and ready to ride. They could be made great again with new tires and a carb tune.
$1500 each OBO.
I'll bring them out to Round 2 PPIR where I'll be cornerworking that weekend.

My time on 250s has no-doubt made me a more-capable rider!
But living in Grand Junction these days, this shall be the time in my life for dirt and minimoto at the local kart track :)
Roadracing for me will have to wait. In the meantime, these bikes should be getting used.

Marshal Poet
(720) 841-3016

mopoet178
December 2nd, 2020, 05:28 PM
$1000 for the blue (lighter sprung one)

I think I'll keep the stiffer one.

ChrisC
January 31st, 2021, 06:07 AM
Cheers,

I raced with the MRA back in the early/mid 90s, also working as a new-rider class instructor. I was badly injured during a race at Second Creek Raceway (have you been around long enough to remember good ol' SCR? <grin>. Air-Ambulance, 4 months inpatient at a rehab hospital, and years of outpatient rehab, and I am incredibly lucky to have recovered as well as I have!

If so, can you give me some details about the race components, and anything it might need to get through a full MRA season? Is the engine tired, possibly needing a rebuild to get through the season?

However, 20+ years later and the bug to get back to the track and race is bigger than ever, and I finally managed a little bit of money to run a season - presuming I can find a great deal on a race-ready bike! Unfortunately, I am unable to work full time, so although I have been slowly saving (money) to do this, my budget will be very tight. I certainly don't want to offend you with lowball offers, but I Know not everyone is motivated by money alone. I am just a super-enthusiast hoping to find someone who would be interested in helping a good guy finally get back into his passion of motorcycle road racing! I can only afford about50-60% of what you're asking, but it has to be worth a try!

Either way, thanks for your time and consideration!

Best Regards,
Chris
ChrisC@Colorado.edu

Racereese
February 7th, 2021, 09:56 PM
$1000 for the blue (lighter sprung one)

I think I'll keep the stiffer one.

Is this still for sale?