PDA

View Full Version : Help me find our family's bike!

Michael Schultz
September 7th, 2007, 02:24 PM
Searching for an RD400 race bike: last I saw it had a yellow frame and black bodywork with gold painted cylinder heads and white painted spokes of alum. rims. with black plastic front fender.

I (Michael Schultz of SLC, UT) traded it to Dan Soloman of (SLC) who then either sold or traded it to someone else, perhaps from Colorado over 5 years ago.

If you have seen this bike or it sounds familiar please contact me. It's a bike I'd like to track down for it's history.

unbreakableMDS@hotmail.com

Jon
September 7th, 2007, 07:48 PM
Mike,
Not sure I've seen the bike but have raced with the MRA the last seventeen years. If your interested in another RD I have a pretty chezed out one that I never ride that I'd be willing to part with. I was going to take it to Vintage days this year but was slammed with last minute prep and just forgot to load it. It's got pipes, rearsets, lines. and bodywork and it looks bitchen. If at all interested in giving an orphan a home let me know.
JGlaefke@msn.com

Mark Schellinger
September 7th, 2007, 08:00 PM
Damn Jon,
How many bikes do you have right now?

Old and new.
Red or not.
Right and wrong.
Running or not.
Street and track.
Dirt or trail.
Drag and tour.
Twin or single.
Four cylinder and three.
Two stroke or four.
Scooter and ... :shock:

The GECCO
September 7th, 2007, 08:13 PM
Including the stone-wheeled, push-powered Flintstones bikes!

Michael Schultz
September 7th, 2007, 08:33 PM
How much do you want for the clapped out RD then?
Yeah you guys are missing out on some great vintage stuff this weekend at Miller!

Jon
September 7th, 2007, 08:58 PM
Well I've got a VTR 1000, A Suzuki 1000 . A Shepherd 1000, A Burgman 650, a EX650, a CRF 250, A rd 400. a Elite 50, a metro 50, a 1098 (in pieces presently and enough other crap to build another something but not sure what I'd call it!
Mike, I wouldn't call my RD clapped out cause I was thinking about going vintage racing with it and kicking everyones ass! Like I said it's a sweet piece and will probably do well in AHRMA next year. I didn't spend the time I did restoring it for it to be called clapped out though that;s for sure.
Give my best to Will Harding and all my boys out at Miller would have loved to be there so give them my best Kay?

Jon
September 7th, 2007, 11:17 PM
Mike,
After seeing your RD I can see why you'd want it back. Unfortunatly not sure you'll ever see it back though. I'm sorry but will keep my eyes peeled. My RD came from a fellow in Longmont who gave it to me for a song then Don Hough gave me a garage full of other RD stuff as did a couple others. From all this I built mine complete with Ram Air head, Pipes, Progressive springs, stainless lines, rearsets, bodyworks that looks a lot like yours (at least the tail). I'll send you a picture if you'd like. Yours unless you have a vin # may be very hard to find. Mine I know at one time was raced by a number 84 in the MRA. I joined in 1990 so not sure who the racer was but there's several who could probably narrow it down and old Mountain Roadracing Association programs could nail it for sure. Anyhow if you'd like to get another RD I'd love to give it a GOOD HOME as my shop isn't.

Jon
September 8th, 2007, 09:56 PM
I almost forgot sitting in the corner of the barn 1 2000 XR 100 Used for training and then given to the wife and she's ridden it once in 7 years! Anyone interested it'll go for a measly $500

Michael Schultz
November 21st, 2007, 03:08 PM
Jon,
I'm interested in your RD400 if you have it still. Check your PM and email.
Here are pics of the 2 RDS I'm trying to track down. Plus an RZ350 frame that had an RD250 motor modded to fit it.
Here's the bike that now has a yellow frame, otherwise everything is the same.
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d28/Schultzee/oldRD400.jpg

This red/white bike is an R5 frame that last had an RD400 engine. Registered in Idaho to Schultz. Sold to someone on eastcoast long ago, early or mid 90s?
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d28/Schultzee/theoldRD.jpg

Spicee Brown
November 21st, 2007, 04:16 PM
Jon, Id love to see that RD, just for S$#ts and giggles. Still trying to get my bone stock RD running and lifting the front wheel again in all its 2 stroke glory! Mine will be at the shop soon, say hi if you see it.
Dave at Co-Pow Boulder

Spicee Brown
November 21st, 2007, 04:26 PM
Jon, Id love to see that RD, just for S$#ts and giggles. Still trying to get my bone stock RD running and lifting the front wheel again in all its 2 stroke glory! Mine will be at the shop soon, say hi if you see it.
Dave at Co-Pow Boulder