PDA

View Full Version : WANTED: my old RD400

Michael Schultz
September 7th, 2007, 02:22 PM
Searching for an RD400 race bike: last I saw it had a yellow frame and black bodywork with gold painted cylinder heads and white painted spokes of alum. rims. with black plastic front fender.

I (Michael Schultz of SLC, UT) traded it to Dan Soloman of (SLC) who then either sold or traded it to someone else, perhaps from Colorado.

If you have seen this bike or it sounds familiar please contact me. It's a bike I'd like to track down for it's history.

unbreakableMDS@hotmail.com

Michael Schultz
November 21st, 2007, 03:00 PM
I found a pic of my old bike before the frame was painted. The frame is now yellow. it has the following mods. Please let me know if you think you know where this bike is.
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d28/Schultzee/oldRD400.jpg
"Pipes are Spec II, clip-ons from motocarrera, has an EGT, headlight mounts and tach from JC Whitney and the tach comes with a mount that bolts right up. He's currently running 34mm flatslide carbs but has had problems sorting it out. "the front mounted coils are now gone and replaced with Ultra ignition from John at Pro-Flo. Oh yeah the frame was painted a bronze color with a Hammerite finish. Front fender is an Acerbis dualsport fender no longer made. Rear shocks are Red Wings with springs painted Epoxy black. " "*No battery and less wires!! Starts on the second kick everytime. Bell bicycle clamp-on light (for that extra bit of legalness should I get stopped.) Rear tailight is an enduro light ordered through Chaparral. Master Cylinder from RF 900. Rear seat is a Harley RR250 ordered through Airtech for $145. Throttle assembly is a Motion Pro from Pro-Flo with grips from Lockhart Phillip. heads have been milled. Has Pro-flo reed cage mods with TDR reeds. Reinforced the fiberglass seat pan with some 1/16 aluminum sheeting which was shaped and runs from the front of the seat and folds up to the rear hump underside of the seat. Pop rivited in place."