PDA

View Full Version : SMRI Race Oct 6/7

jplracing
September 6th, 2007, 11:56 AM
I have spoken with the SMRI

They are willing to give all MRA racer's free single event race license for the Oct event.

However we have to show up with more than 5 people.

Who is in?

The list

Me
Sasha
Matt Sienkiewicz
Melanie
Spiderbob
Joe Turek

Joe

dragos13
September 6th, 2007, 12:13 PM
how can i get more info about this joe? like entry prices and payouts?

jplracing
September 6th, 2007, 12:40 PM
www.smri-racing.org

there site isn't as user friendly as the mra's but under forms you will see the race entry and the class structure and costs

dragos13
September 6th, 2007, 01:07 PM
yeah that website sucks. thanks for the info joe, how soon do you need to have confirmation about going? it looks like entry fees are cheap and i could use the practice on a new track.

jplracing
September 6th, 2007, 01:52 PM
Casey,

We don't need any special reservations...just to show up

With that said the pre entries are due the Wed prior to the event

Joe

vonconcepts.com
September 8th, 2007, 12:01 AM
For all of you coming down --- pop me an email. I used to race MRA and "retired". Since moving to ABQ 1.5 years ago the spark is back and that is my first event.... I'd love to see some of you again and meet some new folks.

In fact I am driving to Loveland this weekend to pick up the bike!!

Kurt
kurt@vonconcepts.com

I live like 20 minutes from the track - maybe a Bar-b-q? Maybe a get together at the track? (family friendly)

froth
September 8th, 2007, 04:00 PM
I'm going to try and make it. Money is mondo tight, but it was a lot of fun last year. Nice people, and our ladies rocked it!

Wahooman
September 8th, 2007, 09:47 PM
Let me see what I can do....this could be fun to take part in. Stay tuned Joe.

dave.gallant
September 26th, 2007, 10:23 AM
Applesauce (and the rest of the crew that have raced there) -

What is this track like?

Tight and short I think I remember you guys saying?

akuretz
September 26th, 2007, 10:40 AM
I also didn't see any LW classes specifically, would my SV be competative in anything?

JimWilson29
September 26th, 2007, 10:46 AM
yes very tight and short. Alex, you would have a blast on your SV there. When I raced my 1000 there last October, i was wishing I was on a SV650

jplracing
September 26th, 2007, 11:00 AM
agreed...an SV would be a blast!

akuretz
September 26th, 2007, 11:13 AM
Bummer, looks like MW Superbike and Supertwins are run at the same time. That would basically leave me with HW, Open, and ULGP. Definitely sounds like fun, though, and it would be cool to see Troy again. I'll think about it....

hcr25
September 26th, 2007, 11:27 AM
tight like a frogs pooper :twisted: actually its like racing at 2nd creek.
Dave remember when we came back from the WEAR national at Jennings then went to 2nd creek? Sandia is just like that.

-puck-
September 26th, 2007, 12:33 PM
tight like a 12 year old :twisted:

Mike...you are so wrong bro. :lol:

Joe, I am going to try to make this. Depends if the wife will let me come back home or not when I go. :)

hcr25
September 26th, 2007, 12:38 PM
tight like a 12 year old :twisted:

Mike...you are so wrong bro. :lol:

Joe, I am going to try to make this. Depends if the wife will let me come back home or not when I go. :)

its easier to beg for forgiveness then ask permission!

And i know I'm wrong but that's all right

dave.gallant
September 26th, 2007, 12:43 PM
Dave remember when we came back from the WEAR national at Jennings then went to 2nd creek? Sandia is just like that.

I still feel claustrophobic from that weekend returning to 2nd Creek!!

Thanks for the info guys.

jplracing
October 1st, 2007, 01:07 PM
anyone still interested in going needs to have there entry to them by this Wed....if there is anyone still going?

froth
October 1st, 2007, 06:21 PM
Unfortunately, I have to beg off of this, as well as ASMA the next weekend, too many bills, and too much work piling up to pay for the bills.

If you need an enclosed trailer, generator, etc, let me know, you are welcome to borrow mine.

vonconcepts.com
October 1st, 2007, 08:53 PM
A view of the track from a Helmet cam

http://youtube.com/watch?v=-se2E1sn9YA

If anyone with decent take offs is comng down, give me a shout. I hate to buy new tires for the last event of the year.

Kurt

hcr25
October 2nd, 2007, 11:56 AM
Im going, weather looks nice!

grant_me_rev's
October 5th, 2007, 03:54 PM
Have a great time Mike -

vonconcepts.com
October 6th, 2007, 04:59 PM
Good to see a familiar face here today. Mike - thanks for bringing the tires. Mike is looking smooth here. It seems they are bumping a bunch of guys to expert here, but Mike sure looked like the cream of the crop --- especially in turn one.... smooth and fast.

I got a long way to go on my comeback :)

Kurt

Jim 'smooth' Brewer
October 6th, 2007, 08:36 PM
Mike is looking smooth here. It seems they are bumping a bunch of guys to expert here, but Mike sure looked like the cream of the crop --- especially in turn one.... smooth and fast.

Wait a sec, Kurt, you're talking about Mike? Mike Applehans? Naa.. must be someone else. Mike Pettiford? Mike Applegate?