PDA

View Full Version : Patrick Marchbank - son of MRA racer Jim Marchbank

Jim Brewer
July 31st, 2017, 09:45 AM
Hey MRA friends

Patrick Marchbank is the son of a long time MRA racer Jim Marchbank. I received the following message from Kelly, Jim's wife who wanted to ask for prayers and good thoughts for her & Jim's son who was seriously injured in a vintage race recently.

Jim,
Yours was the only name on the board that I recognized from our MRA days.

I am asking for prayers from our fellow racers for our son Patrick Marchbank. He and Jim were racing a vintage race at Aztec Raceway
two weeks ago today. Patrick crashed and suffered massive head trauma including basal skull fractures. He is stable but in a coma in the ICU at Memorial Main Hospital in Colorado Springs. He has a brain drain which may end up a shunt in the next few days. He is off the ventilator which is good. Jim was the first one to come upon him as they were racing in the same race. We are all struggling and would love the prayers and support of our former club. If you could get the word out that would be great.

Patrick just graduated from pine creek high school and was set to start at MMI in Phoenix. He was going to be Yamaha certified and had hoped to work as a team mechanic in the future.

A friend of mine is keeping a Caringbridge.org page going with dailyupdates on Patrick. Just type in his name. There is also a go fundmethat a motocross friend started as well.

I've been trying to find former racers that we know from our days racing to let them know. People can find me on Facebook as well.
Thank you - we covet all prayers at this time because it will have to be a miracle of God for Patrick to come through this.

Sincerely,
Kelly Marchbank

The direct link to Kelly's caringbridge.org page is https://www.caringbridge.org/visit/kellymarchbank

This is definitely another example of how wonderful it is to be part of the MRA family.