PDA

View Full Version : Questions About Levers and Data Acquisition

ParkOLewis
June 13th, 2017, 09:18 AM
Hi Everyone,

2 quick questions.

1. Brake/Clutch Levers - I went down in Turn 8 last weekend and my brake lever broke. In buying a new one, should I (a) just buy a couple of plain ones for $30 or (b) buy a folding lever? If (b), any brands stick out that are better than others?

2. Data Acquisition - I want to get something that monitors my braking and throttle response. I've heard the GPX Pro 4 is good, but does anyone have any insight on which systems are better/worse?

Thanks!

Yak #124

President of the Unofficial and Unauthorized Ken Yee Fan Club

Dean
June 16th, 2017, 12:09 PM
Just get an R1M. Data acquisition is already already built-in....

blaircsf
June 16th, 2017, 03:25 PM
I like my ASV levers and while I've never tested this if the levers break in a crash they will replace them for free.
In terms of actual data loggers I think the choices are pretty limited. GPX Pro 4/8 does, Aim SoloDL does (for some), not sure of other options.

JohnnyMac
June 17th, 2017, 03:14 PM
For levers, get ZETA levers. Very well built, folding, inexpensive, billet.
Have them on my R1.

For data, consider the AIM Solo.

Zeta levers on my R1. Very well made, and you can get them on ebay.
Westby team uses them.
https://twistcms-shared.s3.amazonaws.com/media/9/media/3496.jpg

https://twistcms-shared.s3.amazonaws.com/media/9/media/3497.png

Hi Everyone,

2 quick questions.

1. Brake/Clutch Levers - I went down in Turn 8 last weekend and my brake lever broke. In buying a new one, should I (a) just buy a couple of plain ones for $30 or (b) buy a folding lever? If (b), any brands stick out that are better than others?

2. Data Acquisition - I want to get something that monitors my braking and throttle response. I've heard the GPX Pro 4 is good, but does anyone have any insight on which systems are better/worse?

Thanks!

Yak #124

President of the Unofficial and Unauthorized Ken Yee Fan Club

ParkOLewis
June 18th, 2017, 10:15 AM
Thanks for the replies!!!