PDA

View Full Version : NOTICE - Credit cards for CAMA Donations!!

The GECCO
August 13th, 2007, 06:56 PM
August 13, 2007

Credit Card Processing Dilemma:

For those of you who have or plan to utilize a credit card to make your HPR contribution, we have run into a slight delay from the credit card processor.

To simplify this short term need for card processing, I elected to use the established SCCA processing system. I was entering contributions as I accumulated a batch and then SCCA was sending a check for each batch direct to the lockbox account.

Well unfortunately, when the credit card company tried to call to inquire about the unusual activity on the account they tried calling me at five year old contact information, and failing to find myself or anyone that knew of a company called Colorado Sport Car(?) they put the account on hold and charged some of the transactions back to COSCCA's bank account. Since the credit card company failed to contact us, the problem wasn't discovered until the reconciliation of the July bank statement and then only after couple of days of phone calls to find the source of the chargeback's.

To complicate this further the account was placed on hold by the risk department who now claims that the account was not established to accept contributions and that they needed to turn the matter over to underwriting before reactivating the account.

We believe that the credit cards processed on July 7th and most on July 14th were processed with one exception. Apparently part of the July 25th batch was charged back and we do not know the status of any of the August 8th batch. I have received two more card donations since the 8th that I am holding until the matter is resolved.

REST ASSURED! We will find a way to take your money. If this credit card processing service does not elect to continue handling these transactions, then we will seek different services through CAMA's bank.

Watch this website and I will post another note when I know that all cards have been processed. My apologies for any confusion this dilemma has created.

Charlie Thompson