PDA

View Full Version : Kudos for Workers AMA PPIR

MRACornerCrew
May 30th, 2005, 12:30 AM
I received the message below from Glenn Conser:

-----Original Message-----
Subject: Corner Crew at PPIR

I just got a phone call from Arlene (PPIR) commending our crew once again. She said that the AMA told her they felt this was their smoothest and most successful event ever held at PPIR. She also commented that she was very pleased at the cameraderie and teamwork displayed between the MRA crew and the PPIR crew, something we both agreed has been lacking in the past. She was
very happy to see the crew "hanging out" at the infield care center afterwards, and felt awful having to tell everyone that they couldn't have beer there. She mentioned that they (PPIR staff) usually have an "after event" party afterwards in the camping area near the gate and we are always welcome to come. This year they had a keg and food out there, I had no idea.

Ron Barrick (Chief of AMA Roadracing) personally commended our crew on keeping the Superstock race going after the incident in the esses. He told me that at any of their other events (that are usually staffed by "car workers" that are terrified to go near the track unless in a truck) he has no doubt that incident would have caused a red flag. He was very appreciative that we kept it going.

On another note, Arlene apologized for the awful hamburgers/fries on Saturday. In the past she has been budgeted money to provide food for the staff. This year they cut that money, aat the last minute, she and her PR people had to scramble to try to find
places willing to "sponsor" the food. I told her the food on Sunday was excellent, as long as they have more of the styrofoam clamshell containers so the crew can load up on grub and head back to their stations if needs be. I mentioned that the lunch breaks were too short, but she and I both know that is an AMA decision, not PPIR.

Once again, good job and THANK YOU for all your hard work.

Glenn
-----------

On a final note, I would like to add my thanks to those from Glenn, Arlene and Ron. You did an awesome job!!

Everyone was on-time and well prepared for a weekend in the hot sun. The radio procedures were extremely professional. Corners were staffed and ready AHEAD of time for all sessions!

Keep up the great work!!

Joe Belef
2005 MRA Crew Coordinator