PDA

View Full Version : 2003 Yamaha R6 (track only / race ready)

spideyrdr
March 13th, 2016, 07:03 PM
WHOLE PACKAGE SOLD! Thanks for the inquiries!

2003 Yamaha R6 for sale!

Bike is located in the Highlands Ranch / Lone Tree area.

No title – the previous owner did not have the title and as far as I can tell, this motorcycle has been around the MRA since forever. Bill of sale only. Race use only!

Just over 10,100 miles on the odometer. Due to “life” happening, I did not race every round in 2014 and missed all of 2015. The bike fires RIGHT up – it is ready to go!

The good:
STM Slipper clutch
FG Gubellini rear shock
Race Tech Fork Springs up front - .90 kg/mm
Aftermarket “shorty” clutch lever
Toby brand steering damper
Brembo front brake master cylinder
EBC HH front brake pads
Braided brake lines (front)
Galfer Wave Rotors
Woodcraft rear sets
Aftermarket clip-ons – they may be Vortex brand, I no longer recall who made them
Woodcraft framesliders and left-side engine cover
Micron full exhaust
K&N air filter
Dynojet Power Commander
Configured for GP Shift with Dynojet push-type quick shifter. Can be reconfigured for standard shift with a replacement shift linkage and quick shifter can be maintained by going with a pull-type quick shifter (see below)
Gilles Tooling shiftholder (supports the gear change shaft to reduce gear shifting issues and reduce vague shifts under high stress)
DID 520ERV3-120 Gold Chain with roughly 10 races under its belt
JT Front (15T) and Rear (48T) sprockets used for roughly 12 races
Optimal Racing brand bodywork with unknown brand of superbike tail
Keyless ignition
Screw-off gas cap
Tech Spec snake skin tank pads

The bad:
The front fork oil was changed at the beginning of the 2014 race season but the front and rear suspension have not been fully serviced in a few years. No leaks, but it might be a good idea to have the suspension serviced.
The bodywork is not perfect. No major cracks or anything, but it’s a race bike and has been down (low sided once and tipped over two more times with this bodywork). More than adequate and should have no issues passing tech, but it’s not 100%
The front fender is “funky” – it fits a little odd and I had to chop the front of bit. Functional but not perfect.
The Micron exhaust has taken some abuse and has been repaired.
I was having a bit of an electrical gremlin in 2014 that I believe is fully resolved but I feel obligated to mention it.
The last race of 2014, I was noticing some clutch slippage when the engine was cold. It went away and I was able to race with no slippage noticed at all, but the clutch plates MAY need replacing (see below).

The proposal:
I would like this motorcycle to stay in the MRA. And I would really like to see it go to a new or aspiring racer. We all know it takes a lot to get off the ground when it comes to this sport, so I am going to offer this bike up for sale as a package and as a bike-only option.
The package deal will add the following items, for sale with the motorcycle only initially. If and only if the buyer of the motorcycle does not want the “package deal”, I will then part out the remaining pieces.

Transponder. 4 blinks on a full charge

Set of front and rear wheels complete with OEM rotors. They are a bit rough but hold air 100% and would make excellent rain tire wheels – but are perfectly suited for race use. Includes additional sprocket and carrier for the rear.

Digital tire warmers made by Pit Posse. These are very decent warmers but are not Chicken Hawk, etc.

EBC clutch fibers + a homemade tool for servicing the STM clutch. Changing the clutch on a motorcycle is not hard, but the STM system requires a special tool to do the job. Unfortunately I did not get this tool from the prior owner and had to rig one up myself. I will gladly include this in the package price

Custom-made rear brake caliper holder – incredibly helpful when changing the rear tire

Full set of “practice” body work. This bodywork is in rough but usable shape. This set was what came on the bike, I repaired it and used it for a season or so. I then replaced it all with the Optimal set, and this was going to be my bodywork for track days.

Standard tail with R6 OEM seat – in case you don’t prefer the superbike tail + foam option.
100% new battery still in box – the box got oil on it while in storage but it has never even had the electrolyte put into it. Should make for a good spare!

1/2 of Woodcraft rearset kit. The other half is already on the bike. Great to have in the spares box.
Dynojet pull-type quick shifter plus shift rod to convert back to standard shift

(2) additional OEM clutch levers

A few spare Woodcraft frame slider tops

Various other odds and ends

SOLD SOLD SOLD

Finally, I also have a set of unbelievable sexy Marchesini magnesium wheels. Stupid light, ductile-iron rotors on the front, drilled (aka lightened) rear rotor, and… 16.5” diameter. Tire options for these wheels are few, with Pirelli being the only option in the last couple of years. I am not sure of availability of tires for these at this time, but if you are interested in them, either with the bike, as a part of the package, or separately, let me know. These were $$$$ back in the day and I don’t want them to gather dust!

PM for additional pics. Thanks for looking!

http://i.imgur.com/8ieajX3.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/SBf6Oja.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/101tOJV.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/wsTTI4d.jpg

Jamie

spideyrdr
March 29th, 2016, 08:47 PM
Updated with price change and location information!

Hegs
March 30th, 2016, 10:57 AM
Great deal! I'll be keeping an eye out hoping someone does not take the package deal. I could use that transponder!