PDA

View Full Version : Donations Thread! **First post Updated 10/2**

The GECCO
June 21st, 2007, 02:49 PM
Having worked on this new track project for almost 4 years now, I believe in it. I believe in it so much that I just mailed a $1000 donation to the capital campaign.

This is COMPLETELY voluntary, but if anyone else wants to share what they have given, it may encourage your fellow members to do the same. But no cheating :D you can't post it until you mail it!!

Dig deep and donate guys, it may hurt a little right now, but think about how good it will feel next year!

The capital campaign packets will arrive in the mail around July 6th, but if you just can't wait you can download the form here http://www.highplainsraceway.com/pdf/HPR-Donation-Form.pdf Be sure to check the box for your club affiliation!

************************************************** **********************************

7/25 update - as of Monday the 23rd 99 people have made donations totaling a little over $76,100. THIS IS AWESOME, but we are still a long way from our goal. If you've already donated, please accept my thanks! If not, whaddya waitin for, fer cryin out loud!! Let's get this thing done!!

************************************************** ***********************************

8/1 update - as of 7/30 we have had 122 donations and raised just under $98,000. That means we are 20% of the way to our minimum goal of $500,000!! On the other hand, it also means we are ONLY 20% of the way there.

RMVR leads the way in the fundraising, both in number of donors and total donations. The MRA is (a distant) second in total dollars, but we have the highest average donation. This is due to one very generous donation from within our membership. This also means that the MRA is the only club so far with a member in the "Grand Prix" category!

Things look good so far, the first month since the mailing went out has yielded very positive results but we still have a long way to go so please dig deep and donate!!

A BIG THANK YOU goes to the following MRA members who have already donated:

Mike Bachman
Tony Baker
Eric Borch
Glenn Conser
Tom Erikson
Jason Hess
Alex Kuretz
Mike Lakritz
Matt Lee
Richard McNutt
Cal Neske
Mark and Alice Palmer
Darin Schwartz
Matt Sienkiewicz
Ed Smalley
Todd Towles

************************************************** ***********************************

8/2 update - I got word today that yesterdays deposits were in excess of $20,000 which means we have PASSED THE $100,000 MARK!! This is a good start and we have some great momentum going, please don't let up now!! Remember, we need $500,000 minimum to build an "operational facility" but we are shooting for $1,000,000 so we can have some really nice extra amenities!

8/9 update - See the news release HERE (http://forums.mra-racing.org/viewtopic.php?t=4673) I will have an updated list of donor names a the track this weekend.

As of Thursday, August 30th, CAMA has received 243 donations totaling $219,199.00.

The MRA has had 29 donors contribute a total of $45,117.00. We are in second place in total donations (RMVR members have donated $102,555.00) and we are in LAST PLACE in number of donors. This means that a very few MRA members who have made very large contributions are towing the line.

Here is the latest list of MRA members who have donated, in alphabetical order as always:

Mike Applehans
Mike Bachman
Tony Baker
Eric Borch
Charles Conser
Glenn Conser
Dion Eads
Dale Eaton
Tom Erickson (has donated twice)
Jon Glaefke (has donated twice)
Bob Hasenhundl
Jason Hess
Marc Jones
Douglas Kahl
Alex Kuretz
Michael Lakritz
Matthew Lee
Richard McNutt
Cal Neske
Mark Palmer
Hans Pieren
Darin Schwartz
Greg Sheehan
Matthew Sienkiewicz
Ed Smalley
Todd Towles
Russell Van Marter
William Van Marter
Timmay! Young

Thanks for your support!!

9/10 update

I have added a new press release in a post on the second page of this thread that has the financial update in it, but the summary is that as of last Saturday we are at a total of $246,124 from 271 contributions. We are averaging nearly $1000 per donor which is OUTSTANDING, but we need more of the members to step up and do their part. I know that there were quite a few donations made at the track over the Labor Day weekend - THANK YOU!!

Quickie update! As of 9/12 CAMA as a whole has raised $254,409, with an average donation of $788.

The MRA is responsible for $48,417 of that, with an average donation of $1,345.

Our average donation is SPECTACULAR!! We just need more of you to get involved! I hope all of you who may be on the fence about donating will take advantage of the informational dinner and site tour event I have put together on October 7th. Go here http://forums.mra-racing.org/viewtopic.php?t=4914 for more info!!

10/2 - Well, I haven't posted an update in a while, mostly because not a lot has been happening, at least on our end.

The MRA total is up to $49,117 from 38 donors. I'm hoping that the fundraising event this weekend will net some significant donations but the fact is that almost 1/2 of the people who signed up to attend have already donated.

Of the five CAMA clubs the MRA has fallen to 3rd place in overall dollars raised and we are in last place in number of donors. Here's how things stack up:

RMVR - $129,542 from 107 donors
SCCA - $51,996 from 83 donors
MRA - $49,117 from 38 donors
PCA - $46,329 from 81 donors
MCCA - $25,035 from 97 donors

Total donations is $302,771. We need to get to $500,000 minimum to break ground and build a usable facility.

Just to point out a couple facts I mentioned in recent riders meetings:

1) Of the $49,117 the MRA has raised $34,000 has come from 3 people. Without those three generous people we have raised only about $15,000

2) We need more people to participate. The MRA has less than 1/2 the number of donors that any of the other clubs do. The idea that "someone else will do it" won't fly, everyone needs to do their part. If you haven't donated yet, please consider doing it soon.

T Baggins
June 21st, 2007, 03:50 PM
$1001 on the way. Can't let Little Glennie out do me. :wink: Now, what to write on the brick...? "Taller than Glenn" has too many letters... :lol:

The way I figure it, it will cost me over $500 in gas just to get to Hastings and back twice this year. Then, with High Plains Raceway being local, no more hotel expenses, dinner out, etc... which is about another $300 per weekend. This investment of $1000 will pay for itself by the end of 2008!
And, not to be a negative nancy; but if the track doesn't materialize, I get my money back!

Howthefaackcanyoulose?

p.s. - Great job to Glenn and the CAMA group for getting us this far. Now it's up the the rest of to see it thru...

The GECCO
June 26th, 2007, 10:25 AM
I have trimmed out some of the chatter that was here as I would like this thread to stay on track with people talking about their donations. Even if you don't want to say how much you gave, please post up when you mail it in!

At this point I can't believe that TBag and I are the only two members that have written a check, so post up!

nobasin
June 26th, 2007, 02:20 PM
it's not a lot, but it's on the 0% for a year credit card, so technically, i should have raced on the track before i even have to pay for it. :-)

today: $250

future: more when i can.

i'm in debt up to my eyeballs, but i bet there's other new racers who can step up too, even if just a few bucks.

turbohoje
June 27th, 2007, 04:11 AM
forgive me for not reading the full details for the donations. but as i understand it you can buy a printed brick for $1000 that goes somewhere on the track or pit.

anybody want to go in w/ me on a
"in loving memory of 502"
brick?

T Baggins
June 27th, 2007, 08:45 AM
$1000 will get you a 4 x 8 brick with limited room for inscribing - 16 characters.

$2500 gets you an 8 x 8 with 24 spaces.

$5000 gets you a 12 x 12 with 24 spaces and some other goodies.

Great idea on buddying up to get a brick!

froth
July 1st, 2007, 08:08 AM
Hey Glen-mon:

I'm in for $250.00, which I'll bring to Hastings (HI George, looking forward to seeing you all out there again!), more as I get some more flooring bids to completion.

And, thanks for all the hard work. Logistics can be a true pain in the neck! Job well done, to be sure.

Fred

The GECCO
July 1st, 2007, 08:48 PM
The donations do not come to me, they need to go to the address on the donations form here http://www.highplainsraceway.com/pdf/HPR-Donation-Form.pdf and the form needs to be filled out so that you and the club get proper credit.

akuretz
July 13th, 2007, 09:29 AM
Lynn, Jackson, and I dug deep and today mailed a check for $1002, had to make sure to outdo Glenn and Tony. :D I'll likely be riding on takeoffs and certs the rest of the season, but it's worth it to us to have a great track close to home.

The GECCO
July 13th, 2007, 09:34 AM
That's incredible, Alex, thank you!

nobasin
July 13th, 2007, 09:39 AM
alex, you rock. so do lynn and jackson for that matter.

are there no other novices/firstyears/newbbies that have stepped up but me? i find that hard to believe, especially given what a frugal cheap-ass I AM.

come on slow people! step up! we need this track! exactly what are you waiting for? it aint going to build itself, and the bank account doesn't grow on it's own. this is my pathetic attempt to shame the newbs into donating.

MSienkiewicz
July 15th, 2007, 05:22 PM
Glen,
As you and my wife Lowrey discussed at Hastings.....monies sent!

Matt and Lowrey

cakake
July 15th, 2007, 09:13 PM
$1002 is too rich for my blood, so instead I just sent in $1000. And besides, it makes the math much easier when balancing my checkbook. :)

Eric

The GECCO
July 15th, 2007, 10:36 PM
You guys are AWESOME! Keep em coming!

The GECCO
August 1st, 2007, 09:10 AM
Check out the update in the first post!!

The GECCO
August 2nd, 2007, 03:42 PM
First post updated 8/2 in RED!!

Moto-Mania
August 4th, 2007, 04:11 PM
Given back-to-back crash repair bills, it was a tough call whether to continue racing this season or donate to The HPR Capital Fund. We had a family pow-wow and decided to earmark the last $1,000 in our race budget for the new track.

Also, since I won't be needing the new transponder I just bought from the club (but have yet to pick up), I've instructed the club to keep the money and the transponder. I guess that brings our total donation up to $1,180.

If, next year, I can get significantly more practice time and some coaching - without the arduous Marco Polo CDOT adventure trek that many of us now associate with Pueblo - it will be more than worth it.

Many thanks to all of you who have given of your time, talent, and hard-earned cash to make this happen.

Mike, Jackie & Megan Bachman

The GECCO
August 5th, 2007, 10:27 AM
Thank you, Mike. I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say that we appreciate your making what had to be a pretty tough choice.

Timmay!
August 6th, 2007, 12:35 PM
I donated, both personally, and under the "Gene fund". I wish it could have been as much as others. I will contribute more, when and if I can..

The GECCO
August 9th, 2007, 02:34 PM
First post updated 8/9!!

chrobis
August 14th, 2007, 05:10 AM
Sent in my donation, now the guilt trip can abate. Lucky me, I started using take-offs, so the cost of a set of tires was only 75 bucks! JUST KIDDING - I bought a brick, albeit a small one. At least now I have a better excuse for riding any ugly, patched together bike.

Jon
August 15th, 2007, 07:53 AM
Glenn,
I just mailed my check and they should receive it shortly. I'm trying to figure out what I can't write on my brick as it's a couple spaces short of what I really wish to say.

bluedevil
August 17th, 2007, 07:59 AM
DARC Racing has sent in their $1000 donation today.

Thank you all for each of your contributions:

Chris Weed #626
Jessica Weed
Dion Eads #225
Jennifer Brooks
Clint Liggett #311
Rich Cervantes (Retired) #435

Tumbleweed
August 17th, 2007, 08:33 AM
I gotta give props to our girls. Jess and Jen don't race nor do they ever want to but they support us and the MRA. They put together their own money and made a donation on their own as part of DARC Racing. It's good to have great support from great women. =D>

Plus Rich is retired and doesn't race any more but he still supports us all. Thanks Rich. =D>

Budd435
August 17th, 2007, 09:09 AM
Lets get this track built!
Who knows, lots of "retired" racers could make a come back once the new track is up and running.
Yea, I'm proud to be DARC.

bluedevil
August 17th, 2007, 09:14 AM
Lets get this track built!
Who knows, lots of "retired" racers could make a come back once the new track is up and running.

If they quit breaking thumbs dirt bike riding :roll:

The GECCO
August 31st, 2007, 11:54 AM
First post updated 8/31!

The GECCO
September 10th, 2007, 01:25 PM
News release update from Charlie Thompson of CAMA; italics emphasis added by me.

September 8, 2007 - HPR What's Happening!

Well it is Saturday afternoon and I have just completed processing this weeks credit card contributions. This brings our total so far in the member fundraising campaign to $246,124. By the time this is released we can say that we have raised our first quarter million, which is 25% of our fundraising goal and 50% of the fundraising budgeted. To date we have had 271 members make contributions. This breaks down to:

147 members who gave up to $250
25 who gave at $250 to $500
74 between $1,000 to $1,500
18 between $2,500 to $5,000 and
7 members at $10,000 or over

Interestingly this diversity displays that every contribution is important, no matter what level. The next steps in the fundraising campaign entails personal phone calls from members of each club along with informational meetings. Both are proving to be successful and you should watch your club newsletters and web sites for details of coming events.

This past couple of weeks your Colorado Amateur Motorsport Associates, LLC (CAMA) representatives have been consumed in legal documents needed to establish the loan program. The process of providing adequate security for the lenders and protecting the investments of the member clubs is requiring massive but necessary paperwork. We expect in the next couple of weeks to have the loan company, Colorado Amateur Motorsports Lending Co. (CAMLC), formed and the loan documents between CAMA and CAMLC finalized. The law firm handling the SEC private placement memorandum is awaiting these documents to complete the process. CAMLC has verbal commitments for half of the loan goal and significant interest for the balance of the amount needed to be borrowed. In fairness to the lenders, we are not adding any of these funds to the web site contribution thermometer until each lender has signed their share of the documents.

If the thermometer were adjusted to include the committed loans we would be extremely close to the two million dollar level today and well on our way to realizing our dream of building HPR.

In the midst of the fundraising activities and legal document preparation your representatives have been working closely with the design team. Bill Howard, of Plan West (RMVR) and I reviewed our track designs with Alan Wilson, who had exciting suggestions to enhance the fun level of the circuit and provided emphasis on various safety factors. Alan's valuable input was combined recently with other ideas we have received from many of our own members' knowledge of a variety of race tracks. The result is an improved version of the track design which has us very excited. The most notable change was to make the turns down the bobsled run to be more dominant and challenging. The runoff area for the turn at the bottom of that hill was also repositioned. Also, there have been modifications to the turns at the end of the straightaway & the hairpin to make those sections safer while still as incredible. Check the website soon for postings of the new drawings and watch for announcements of informational meetings to learn more about the new configuration.

With the design nearing finality, efforts have begun to initiate the construction process. RG Consulting, our engineering team owned by Rick Goncalves (RMR-PCA), will soon begin preparation of the final grading plan. Preliminary review has begun confirming the major components of our construction estimate with the actual design. Also, the bid process to formalize construction costs and contracts will soon be underway. In the meantime, we are anxiously awaiting Arapahoe County's first response to our Use by Special Review (USR) application.

Keep the contributions coming and I will try to be more diligent in my updates.

Sincerely,

Charlie Thompson
CAMA Manager

The GECCO
September 13th, 2007, 02:57 PM
first post updated 9/13!!

The GECCO
October 2nd, 2007, 10:01 PM
1st post updated 10/2

turbohoje
October 2nd, 2007, 10:53 PM
i mailed in the 5k for the 502 brick 4 days ago. there is probably another couple hundred in route to me that will get forwarded as well.

we should see a small spike in the mra side of things soon. also everyone who has contributed is noted on the brick site.

rforsythe
October 2nd, 2007, 11:37 PM
Another way for you guys to donate: Go bid on something in the MRA silent auction!!

http://forums.mra-racing.org/viewforum.php?f=16

The money raised there will go to the new track. There are some pretty sweet items up for grabs, and a lot more money that could be raised from them.

DingleBerns
October 2nd, 2007, 11:58 PM
+1 for silent auction. Thanks Ralph!

motobum
December 5th, 2007, 11:57 PM
any new updates?

The GECCO
December 6th, 2007, 12:01 AM
We are past $400,000, the numbers have been reported in the CAMA news threads, I just posted one a couple days ago.

We're gettin close! It's looking like the county will vote on the USR in Late January-ish and assuming it's approved we would close on the land and the only thing standing in our way is $$$!