PDA

View Full Version : New Member Intro

Galloway840
July 22nd, 2015, 08:12 PM
Just wanted to say hello, introduce myself and ask a few questions.

I'm coming out to race with you guys on August 8th/9th at HPR. My brother, Matt, Expert #168, has been racing with you for the last few years on an SV650.

I live in Michigan and race with WERA as an Expert in the North Central Region (MI, OH, PA, etc.), on a 1997 Yamaha TZ250. The WERA schedule wasn't working for me too well this year so I decided I'd like to try some different things and that included making the 22+hour drive out to CO to race with my brother.

I do have a few questions and if anyone has some insight and can help me out I will greatly appreciate it.

1) Jetting? I normally use R6 and R7 nozzles with 360-400 main jets for 50-90 degrees, relatively high humidity, 700ft elevation. HPR is ~5,100ft or so, so my calculations suggest 310-340 for 60-100 degrees.

2) Classes I'm eligible for? Matt has done some preliminary reading of the rulebook for me to suggest I can race -

Formula 40 GTU
Amateur GTU
Middle weight endurance
Super Twins GTO
Modern Vintage
Super Twins GTU
Thunderbike

I want to confirm we're interpreting the rule book correctly.

Thanks,

Richard

MotoMatt
July 24th, 2015, 09:24 AM
Welcome, Richard.

Hopefully, some two-smoke owners can provide some HPR advice.

Looking forward to you joining the club for some great racing.

Matt

TRK
July 24th, 2015, 11:41 AM
Yes sir,
you are good to go on your classes. I will reach out to some of our members in regards to jetting. You are looking at about 5000 feet in elevation and it should be 90 plus degrees with not too much humidity.

shannon