PDA

View Full Version : Riding School and licensing? ?

milehizx6r
October 28th, 2014, 01:22 AM
Ok , so I'm building my 04 zx6r for track only... I've not only the necessary modifications, but also alot of race required mods. Funds are getting tight at this stage of the build.. I need a transponder for the 15 season, my ? Is are there enough available transponders to rent and what is the cost per weekend?

milehizx6r
October 28th, 2014, 01:26 AM
K, I got off track, my bad,, another question I have is , what is the cost this year for the race class and the license? ?

JimWilson29
October 28th, 2014, 08:24 AM
Ok , so I'm building my 04 zx6r for track only... I've not only the necessary modifications, but also alot of race required mods. Funds are getting tight at this stage of the build.. I need a transponder for the 15 season, my ? Is are there enough available transponders to rent and what is the cost per weekend?

We have a rental fleet of about 25 transponders. They are first come, first serve each weekend and the fee is $50. If they are lost or broken, you are responsible for the replacement cost.

JimWilson29
October 28th, 2014, 08:28 AM
K, I got off track, my bad,, another question I have is , what is the cost this year for the race class and the license? ?

We will finalize the 2015 pricing structure at the December Board of Directors meeting. This past season the school was $200 and the competition license for those that completed the school was also $200.

WolFeYeZ
October 28th, 2014, 11:47 AM

If you plan on racing the whole season, it is much more economical to buy a transponder used. Normally they run around $300-350, so it pay for itself in one season. Also, when the season is over you can easily sell it again for $300.

milehizx6r
October 28th, 2014, 03:12 PM
I've been searching for a used transponder for several weeks, they are very hard to come by. I'm gonna keep searching till I find one, because yes 7 rounds @ 50 bucks a weekend adds up for sure. Thank you for the response.

milehizx6r
October 29th, 2014, 07:07 PM
Well, I bought a transponder today off ebay. Won the bid at $305. I'm stoked.

JohnSchwaderer
November 2nd, 2014, 11:02 AM
Is there a particular transponder that's needed? The bike I bought has the mount for it on the forks already but I'm not sure what brand or model?

milehizx6r
November 2nd, 2014, 07:27 PM
AMB Trans X 260.