PDA

View Full Version : Timeline for 2015 rule changes?

millercommaluke
October 8th, 2014, 09:29 AM
I'm looking to get off my 600 and race a 250 or 300 next year.... but I'm hesitant to buy a bike until I know what the new rules are. A new 300 with an aftermarket shock would be awesome!

T Baggins
October 8th, 2014, 01:10 PM
I think that it would be silly to "not" allow aftermarket shocks given the current rules. Currently you can "modify, revalve, respring, etc..." a stock shock, but must retain the stock shock body. It costs $700 - 800 to do that to a stock shock - IF you can find someone to do it... vs. $500 - $700 to simply buy a decent aftermarket one. There are also known swaps (GSXR stock shock, R6 Stock Shock) that would be about $100 to do (thank you ebay) and still give you a much better handling bike. If the intent is to keep costs down, then they should go back to STOCK UNMOLESTED shocks. Otherwise, it would be better and more fair to allow aftermarket ones. Additionally, when the rare traveler comes to our club, they either have to put their stocker back on (if they still have it) or we "look the other way" and allow them to race anyway... which is in the right spirit, but definitely not following the rules.

JimWilson29
October 9th, 2014, 08:46 AM
I'm looking to get off my 600 and race a 250 or 300 next year.... but I'm hesitant to buy a bike until I know what the new rules are. A new 300 with an aftermarket shock would be awesome!

The Rule Change Meeting is scheduled for Saturday, November 15th. All approved suggestions will go to the Board of Directors to decide on whether to adopt or not at the Board Turnover Meeting on December 8th.

TRK
October 9th, 2014, 10:34 AM
The official rule book will be released the beginning of 2015. If you have specific questions regarding your race program, I can answer them before the release of the official 2015 rulebook.

millercommaluke
October 10th, 2014, 10:39 AM
I really just need to know if I should buy a 250 next year or build up a newer 300. I'd be fine to race a 250, but if the 250 and 300 production classes combine (as Tony suggested) I'd rather be on a 300 as it will be easier to sell in the future and less of an obsolete bike.

Shannon: Can you confirm we are at least voting on 1. Combining the classes and 2. Possibly allowing aftermarket rear shocks? Or will it be decided on Nov. 15th which suggestions we are voting on?

TRK
October 11th, 2014, 07:56 AM
Yes we will talk about all of the above. I will poll everyone on their general sentiment and present those ideas to the board for a final decision.