PDA

View Full Version : Trusted Diesel Mechanics/Shop in Ft Collins & Pueblo?

gsnyder828
August 5th, 2014, 12:52 PM
I'm shopping for a used diesel - and 2 promising looking vehicles are at opposite ends of I-25 - one in Ft Collins and one that's in the Pueblo area.

Ideally I'd bring it to FTAR to get a PPI if it were more local, but logistically that isn't going to work. Anyone have a trusted shop/mechanic in either area to recommend for a PPI?

g

TRK
August 5th, 2014, 01:07 PM
Doesn't matter how far away he is, if you want it done right take it to WEED at FTAR period.

shannon

gsnyder828
August 5th, 2014, 03:59 PM
Doesn't matter how far away he is, if you want it done right take it to WEED at FTAR period.

shannon

So to follow that logic, if I find a nice truck in... say... Texas, I should drive it to Chris for a PPI and drive it back to Texas to pay for it? :confused:

I hear what you're saying... and appreciate the loyalty - but I'm looking for a PPI, not major maintenance/repair work. Maintenance/repairs will all go to Chris - but like I said for the PPI "...logistically that isn't going to work" for these 2 options in particular. Just not enough hours in a week for me to pull it off - even if the sellers were willing to let me take them that far.

So back to the question at hand...

TRK
August 5th, 2014, 10:06 PM
You said pueblo and Fort Collins, so yes drive em to weeds shop. That or roll the dice, and hope the next guy does you right.

rybo
August 5th, 2014, 10:15 PM
Geoff - I take all of the stuff I can't (or don't want to) do myself to Chris as well, but I see your dilemma.

We have a good little shop here in Milliken that I've used for stuff in the past. Sumner auto repair - about 30 mins from Fort Collins. He drives a Dodge diesel and did some work on a subaru we had a bunch of years back. I would trust his PPI for sure.

gsnyder828
August 6th, 2014, 08:46 PM
Geoff - I take all of the stuff I can't (or don't want to) do myself to Chris as well, but I see your dilemma.

We have a good little shop here in Milliken that I've used for stuff in the past. Sumner auto repair - about 30 mins from Fort Collins. He drives a Dodge diesel and did some work on a subaru we had a bunch of years back. I would trust his PPI for sure.

Thanks Scott! Appreciate the help.

g