PDA

View Full Version : Suspension Tune/ Rebuild

richie-rich
June 24th, 2014, 02:15 PM
Hey,

So I have an 08 zx6r with 24k miles and I at least need a suspension tune as I have never done it and I ride track more than road. At what mileage should I look at getting my forks and shocks rebuilt.

I have seen STM Suspension and the Imperial Sportbikes as place to go. Any one have experience with these guys or know of a good place? I was thinking Imperial as I could use a dyno/ tune up as well.

Thanks.

cjmagnuss
June 24th, 2014, 04:16 PM
Both are great options! Tres at Imperial tuned my bike and Dave at STM serviced my suspension.

MadVlad
June 24th, 2014, 04:37 PM
Having your set up fresh and done for your weight/style man makes a huge change.

richie-rich
June 24th, 2014, 05:55 PM
Cool thanks! Yeah I have heard suspension can drop seconds off your lap time and I feel like my acceleration is lacking. I haven't done much to my bike other than routine maintenance since I got her, Could use a tune. I was getting killed on the straits at mra#3 by the other 600's.

rybo
June 24th, 2014, 06:01 PM
I am a big fan of both shops.

Dave at STM consistently makes my bike better/easier to ride.

The crew at Imperial are rock stars too. Tres tuned the GSXR that I use for coaching me it runs great!

TRK
June 24th, 2014, 06:39 PM
There is always race tech in California. They do a fantastic job setting my bike up.
shannon

MadVlad
June 24th, 2014, 08:25 PM
Get your valves checked too while you're doing the whole thing and you're just at about that mileage interval anyway.