PDA

View Full Version : Suoersport Legality

sheispoison
May 27th, 2014, 07:51 AM
Last round I noticed a handfull of bikes on the Suoersport grids that had slick tires on them. Everyone knows that slicks are not legal in Suoersport. I know there are guys that don't care about points or getting scored so they don't care if there bike is legal for the class or not. I have a huge issue with this. If your bike isn't legal for the class the DON'T GO OUT IN THAT CLASS! My reasoning is this. If illegal bike guy cause an incident with guys who are legit for the class and chasing points they get fucked and slicks guy doesn't care. It's just plain not cool. I know everybody wants to get as much track time as they can for their $250 fee, but it's not cool to go out in classes you or your equipment aren't legal for. This is club racing, we are all out there for fun, and the rules are set up so EVERYONE can have fun.
Thanks guys.
Carl

polar x
May 27th, 2014, 04:10 PM
So what cha gonna do about it? Are you appealing to there ethics and/or virtues? Or is there some punishment that may befall them for continued :p

sheispoison
May 27th, 2014, 04:15 PM
I don't want to have to be a dick about it so right now, Chris, yeah I'm appealing to their ethics. If it persists and I have to walk pre-grid and not let people out then I guess that's what I'll have to do. How about we just all play nice and by the rules.

Throttleroller277
May 27th, 2014, 07:37 PM
I agree with Carl...lets just play by the rules. .... I don't personally want to Police pre-grid, and be "that guy". Due to Superstreet, I don't race Saturday, so I could do it. And I assure you that you don't want me doing it, as I won't just look for tires..... How about Safety Wire on the axles, brakes,, and pinch bolts???? (you know you are out there)...... Does that make me the bad guy???? no..... it makes the asshole that ran Slicks and caused the grid to be policed in the first place the asshole. .... and if you are the person that gets removed from the race for not having Safety Wire... well you're a prick too......

OK, I'll stop now..... I think you get the point.