PDA

View Full Version : Crank no start issue

Deeds
May 17th, 2014, 09:25 PM
Hi everyone hope I'm posting in the right place but I have an 04 r6 that I picked up wrecked and the key was bent. Well now it is becoming a track bike. So I removed the ignition switch, the kill switch, and starter switch. I have put the kill and ignition on a toggle switch turn it on everything seems to turn on and fuel pump primes. The starter is now a push button and it cranks like crazy. Seems I'm not getting spark and have a code 19. I've checked all fuses and kickstand is deleted and looped. Had it running a week ago with everything mocked up now that I have trimmed everything and put it where I want it won't start? Any suggestions would help. And if your worried that I stole a bike I can post a vin or whatever I need to to verify. Thanks again for any help Tommy

MadVlad
May 17th, 2014, 09:46 PM
Bad gas or plugs, start there. Those also had a recall for faulty coils, call a Yamaha dealer with your VIN and see if it qualifies

Deeds
May 17th, 2014, 09:52 PM
Ok I will for sure just weird that is was running a week ago now nothing. I will call on Tuesday if anyone has any other ideas let me know

Deeds
May 17th, 2014, 10:17 PM
After doing some more research I may have burnt up the safety relay but won't know until TuesdayTuesday

rybo
May 18th, 2014, 08:08 AM
Check the tip over switch too

cjmagnuss
May 19th, 2014, 08:11 AM
Clutch switch ignition loop?

sheispoison
May 19th, 2014, 08:44 PM
Anti theft device in the ignition switch. You'll need to put a resister in line or it won't run. Call Bart at MadMoto, he has dealt with this a few times.