PDA

View Full Version : !!!!911!!!! 08 gsxr 600 Parts !wrecked my bike open lapping before the first race!

Holymun
May 5th, 2014, 05:54 PM
Looking for some 08 gixxer 600 parts, hopefully before this weekend. Lost the rear in turn two at HPR today and low sided, then the bike decided to high side...:(. Still unsure what I did: Novice mistake, hitting the bumps, or pushing a street tire too hard (Q2)........novice mistake. But, either way I need a few parts to get me race ready this weekend. I'm still new to the area, so I don't know who carries what in stock. Any direction towards possible venders or someone who has some spares for sale would be awesome. Right now Mike from HPR is looking into his stock pile, but is unsure what he has at this time. I should hear from him soon. What I need so far:

Sub-frame
Tail fairing
Fairing stay
Gas tank
Wind screen
clip-on bars
Seat if SS tail
Battery

Hopefully that's it. Also, since there is a great possibility I will not get my bike ready for this weekend, and I already preregistered and paid for the races; how does all that work out if I can't race? Is it a loss or can it transfer towards the second race weekend? Any info helps. Thanks.

Andrew Holey Novice #916

jplracing
May 5th, 2014, 08:26 PM
Andrew

sorry I can't help with the parts. However if you email Rachael she can transfer the payment to a credit. This must be done before the weekend and not after

hope that helps

joe

cjmagnuss
May 6th, 2014, 04:19 PM
Ah crap Andrew! I was going to point you to Mike but sounds like you already found him. Best of luck getting it together!

Holymun
May 7th, 2014, 05:53 PM
I might be able to pull this off if anyone could help me find a fairing stay, otherwise S O L. The rest can be picked up easily or modified to work.

Snazzy
May 7th, 2014, 06:01 PM
Try shipping a fairing stay over night from ebay. At least get it Friday and be able to make it Saturday.

JimWilson29
May 7th, 2014, 06:54 PM
I have a battery I will donate to your rebuilding effort.

WolFeYeZ
May 7th, 2014, 07:04 PM
I might be able to pull this off if anyone could help me find a fairing stay, otherwise S O L. The rest can be picked up easily or modified to work.

I've seen people have luck welding them....

Holymun
May 11th, 2014, 09:37 PM
I was able to get the bike back together for the race weekend, and it rode straight and did its job. What an awesome day! Can't wait for round 2. Thank you everyone that helped and offered help; It is greatly appreciated. I also figured out I lost the rear by, the obvious answer, cracking the the throttle open a little too early and a little too much. Almost did the exact same thing in the exact spot. Got a lot to learn and a lot a seconds to shave off, but I do know the MRA is the sh!t, and the move here to race was well worth it. Yay Yeah!

Andrew Holey Novice 916

cjmagnuss
May 12th, 2014, 11:04 AM
Glad to hear Andrew!