PDA

View Full Version : MRA specific HPR open lapping fridays

mopoet178
March 27th, 2014, 11:51 PM
On the HPR calendar, there are several friday lapping days designated MRA only open lapping. What's the scoop? I am a cornerworker and have been for years but am not a paying club member. Do I need an associate membership to lap on these days? A full membership? Is the MRA actually renting and running the track these days? Or is it just motorcycle open lapping preceding each race weekend and designated as such for enthusiasm's sake?

When the job comes and I have a real income, I'll likely start racing and get a membership, so this may become moot.

-Marsh

Ray-Ray
March 28th, 2014, 06:52 AM
Marsh - I believe you have to have a current MRA race license to participate.

sheispoison
March 28th, 2014, 10:18 AM
The MRA has a deal with HPR that if we want we can make the Friday track day before an MRA weekend exclusive to only MRA licensed racers. However the only day of the season that we currently exercise that exclusivity is the Friday before the first round of the season. As of now all of the other Fridays before MRA events are open to anyone.

The GECCO
March 28th, 2014, 01:56 PM
Carl is correct, there is only ONE Friday (May 9th) that is exclusive to MRA licensed racers.

MadVlad
March 29th, 2014, 04:45 PM
Kind of out of context-ish. Does this apply for HPR only or it's still cool to join the track day at other race tracks that Friday before the races If you're not licensed.

sheispoison
March 30th, 2014, 09:48 PM
It's only at HPR. Pueblo and PPIR are open to everyone.