PDA

View Full Version : Support A Racer on MRA Website

HAMMER
March 4th, 2014, 09:29 AM
so I was just testing the rider support option ( I have a sponsor that wants to use this as payment for the season ) I doesn't have a rider number or name option , I just tested it and put some cash into it and its not showing up on my credits ... so I guess my question is how is someone supposed to know how to get the cash to the right person ?? ( I put my name and race # in the message box but like I said it didn't credit any account )

maybe a rider name and race # option

JimWilson29
March 4th, 2014, 10:02 AM
The instructions on the website read:
"When you log in to your account you will be asked to add special instructions. This is where you can name the racer and/or their competition number. If you forget, we will contact you to find out where you would like your donation to go.

Your donation will be applied directly to your designated racer’s MRA account and will offset their race entry and other fees.

Be certain to note the racer’s name and number in the special instructions section on PayPal."

You made a donation of $5 yesterday. It reflects "Jason Madama #213" in the notes, so it was entered correctly. The MRA Treasurer will apply the credit to your account to offset your entry fees. It does not show immediately because she handles it manually.

HAMMER
March 4th, 2014, 10:16 AM
The instructions on the website read:
"When you log in to your account you will be asked to add special instructions. This is where you can name the racer and/or their competition number. If you forget, we will contact you to find out where you would like your donation to go.

Your donation will be applied directly to your designated racer’s MRA account and will offset their race entry and other fees.

Be certain to note the racer’s name and number in the special instructions section on PayPal."

You made a donation of $5 yesterday. It reflects "Jason Madama #213" in the notes, so it was entered correctly. The MRA Treasurer will apply the credit to your account to offset your entry fees. It does not show immediately because she handles it manually.

schweiiiing........

HAMMER
March 5th, 2014, 10:35 AM
schweiiiing........

how long till it his the credits? I want to get my license before the 15th and is more cheese

HAMMER
March 9th, 2014, 08:39 AM
how can I tell if the cheese has hit the books .... im trying to get my license b4 the cutoff

JimWilson29
March 10th, 2014, 08:17 AM
how can I tell if the cheese has hit the books .... im trying to get my license b4 the cutoff

If you log in to your profile on RaceWurx, select the Credits tab and you will see any credits applied to your account. An invoice will then be sent to you via PayPal with the amount owed. For example; we received a $100 and a $5 donation for your account. If you renew your license by March 15th, you will be sent a PayPal invoice for the balance owed of $95.

aspenbum
March 10th, 2014, 09:57 AM
I have a $200 credit that I can see in my credits. I renewed my competition liscense just now, and it still forced me to pay the $200. I need that credit refunded to my PayPal Account ASAP. It didn't give me a $0 invoice...

JimWilson29
March 10th, 2014, 10:18 AM
I have a $200 credit that I can see in my credits. I renewed my competition liscense just now, and it still forced me to pay the $200. I need that credit refunded to my PayPal Account ASAP. It didn't give me a $0 invoice...

Nothing forced you to pay $200. When you clicked to continue to PayPal, it shows you the balance under "Your Order Summary" which showed $200 and you agreed to pay. As I stated above, we have to manually send you an invoice when a credit is received.
I will be updating the Support A Racer page on the website to clarify this.

Rachael will get the PayPal transaction reversed.

aspenbum
March 10th, 2014, 10:44 AM
Ok. How are we supposed to ask for the invoice? You can not complete the paypal transaction obviously, so should we just email Rachel and ask?

Blondieonabike
March 10th, 2014, 11:33 AM
Ok. How are we supposed to ask for the invoice? You can not complete the paypal transaction obviously, so should we just email Rachel and ask?
Hi Ryan,

I have credited back to your account the $200.00, you should be getting a verification of the refund soon.

In the future if you receive any donations or credits that you would like to use, please shoot me an email at money.mra@gmail.com. :)

Thank you!

HAMMER
March 10th, 2014, 06:28 PM
Hi Ryan,

I have credited back to your account the $200.00, you should be getting a verification of the refund soon.

In the future if you receive any donations or credits that you would like to use, please shoot me an email at money.mra@gmail.com. :)

Thank you! we need to make it so we can use the credits for things like race entry fees and licensing ... I can see that I have credit but I cant apply it to anything ..... thanks

Fastt Racing
March 19th, 2014, 05:04 PM
In reply to Hammer and Aspenbum's comments:

This may not be exactly the recommended procedure, but......... I have been working with credits, and paying (the old fashioned way) with a check for years, and have never had an issue with Treasurer Rachael taking care of the money side. I just filled out all the license info, and never went to the payment part. I just sent a reminder email to Rachael about already sending them the check payment, even though it didn't show in the credits. It was taken care of just fine, and my license will be delivered to me at the General Meeting. This works the same for registration for races: Just fill out all the info, sign up for your classes, and send Rachael email and/or money.

The Treasurer, and pertinent board members can see things in your profile they need to like sponsors for race day announcing, races signed up for, licenses applied for, etc. If it's saved within your Member Profile Portal, they can manually apply credits, and bill you for the balance with invoices or whatever is needed. Going to the Paypal Portal is a necessary part of receiving acknowledgement for paying on the spot for your requested items, but is not a necessary part of completing the process of filling out the forms you are providing to the MRA. You should consider this when alternative/multiple forms of payment/credit are used. The Racewurx System has it's limitations in this respect. The system doesn't allow you to go back and pay for things in certain cases, and it requires a lot of manual entry for the Treasurer and Secretary if you don't pay the full balance through paypal at the time of purchase. If more people start using donations, and credits I think this could add quite a bit of confusion for racers, and work to Rachael's plate. Maybe something can be improved upon within Racewurx in the future to make this a more flexible process?

JimWilson29
March 20th, 2014, 08:23 AM
Rachael has been working on the process for the Support A Racer program. This will include the frequency that credits are applied and the deadlines that donations would need to be received for each round this season. She is on a much needed vacation right now and galloping around Spain but she will be back next week. Expect to see something posted in the next 2 weeks.

I have also update the verbiage on the Support A Racer page with a little more clarification regarding the manual application of credits - http://mra-racing.org/racer-support/

aspenbum
March 20th, 2014, 03:40 PM
Thank you Jim and Rachel for all of your patience and hard work with this program. I can see it being very beneficial for the racers and the club.

N1K
November 7th, 2014, 10:45 AM
Can donations be pulled to be paid out? Say my entries are paid and have money left to buy tires.

JimWilson29
November 7th, 2014, 11:00 AM
Can donations be pulled to be paid out? Say my entries are paid and have money left to buy tires.

No, they can only be used for entry fees.

N1K
November 7th, 2014, 12:21 PM
Cool thanks.
Can I set an account and renew everything now?

JimWilson29
November 10th, 2014, 09:53 AM
Cool thanks.
Can I set an account and renew everything now?

Licensing and membership renewal will open in January and online entry for Round 1 will open sometime in April.