PDA

View Full Version : **FEELER** March or April Track Day at Miller

millercommaluke
February 17th, 2014, 04:07 PM
I'm doing some pre-season planning and I'd like to try and get out to Miller one of these 2 dates:

March 29th ($99 for first time riders!) East track

April 25th ($199) East track

http://apextrackdays.com/shop/

Temperature average for SALT LAKE is 50s in March, 60s in April. I'd like to try and carpool with some people / get a group together and head out there.

So far I know the track is about 8.5hrs from Denver, can anyone help with additional information who has ridden there? Thoughts on weather/time of year, the east track, accommodations, etc.

Also, please contact me if you would like to join!

-Luke

NossLou
February 18th, 2014, 03:14 PM
I'm doing some pre-season planning and I'd like to try and get out to Miller one of these 2 dates:

March 29th ($99 for first time riders!) East track

April 25th ($199) East track

http://apextrackdays.com/shop/

Temperature average for SALT LAKE is 50s in March, 60s in April. I'd like to try and carpool with some people / get a group together and head out there.

So far I know the track is about 8.5hrs from Denver, can anyone help with additional information who has ridden there? Thoughts on weather/time of year, the east track, accommodations, etc.

Also, please contact me if you would like to join!

-Luke

I have considered going in the spring as well, however you need to be smart about hitting I80 in any snow or even I70. I know there will be some guys headed out there spring time, I however am holding off till the end of the summer. If you are on I-80 and depending on the wind direction(usually east) It can kill your gas mileage...I hate that fukking section from Cheyenne to Rock springs....!

Get in touch with Pete Tabor, he is headed out there and to Chuckwalla as well.

peteyt328
February 19th, 2014, 02:03 PM
East track is definitely fun, it's more technical and includes some of the popular sections such as the (in)famous Attitudes and 'Windup' and 'Release' onto the straight. The West is more fast and flowing if that's what tickles your fancy. There isn't a bad configuration to Miller, however I would say if you can only make one trip out there, go when they run perimiter, which happens to be the WERA round for MOM this year. Full track is ridiculous but they never seem to run that configuration anymore.

Matrix
February 22nd, 2014, 09:08 AM
April is looking very likely. The weather always plays a factor that time of year so I will be watching in closely before making a final call.

millercommaluke
February 27th, 2014, 08:59 AM
So is March too big of a toss up?

peteyt328
February 27th, 2014, 01:29 PM
They have similar weather to us here in CO, so unless you can plan spur of the minute I would skip March.