PDA

View Full Version : La Junta has been cancelled

The GECCO
May 7th, 2007, 10:14 PM
Your Board of Directors discussed the La Junta situation at length tonight and decided that we have waited long enough for it to be resolved. We cannot justify having things up in the air any longer, we realize that our racers need notice to plan for their races.

It is the decision of the Board that the MRA will not run ANY events at La Junta in 2007 regardless of how the management situation works out.

The final schedule for the 2007 season is as follows:

April 28/29 Race #1 at Pueblo Motorsports Park

May 26/27/28 Race #2 & 3 at Hastings (Double Header!)

July 7/8 Race #4 at Hastings

Aug 11/12 Race #5 at Pueblo Motorsports Park

Sept 1/2/3 Race #6 & #7 at Pueblo Motorsports Park (Double Header!)

Sept 22/23 Race #8 at Pueblo Motorsports Park

I apologize for the blandness of the schedule and the long break in June.

However, I also want to take this opportunity to point out that this is what happens when clubs like ours are at the mercy of private track owners, regardless of whether or not the track owner is a city, a corporation or an individual.

This should be all the incentive you need to dig as deep as possible when the fundraising campaign for the new track begins. I can't stress it enough - this track will be owned and operated by the clubs!! We will not be at the mercy of the track owners, because you, the members, are the track owners. The track will be operated by people appointed by the Board of Directors of each of the member clubs (there are 5).

But the only way this will happen is if you donate. Donate the cost of a single set of tires, that's all we ask. I know some members can and will donate much, much more, but we can all afford the cost of a set of tires. If you couldn't, you wouldn't be racing in the first place.

Please think about the future of your club and the future of your sport in Colorado and set aside whatever you can.

Glenn
"Prez"