PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Colorado Motorcycle Expo Feb 1-2 with ABATE of Colorado

Louden
January 14th, 2014, 10:04 PM
2014 Colorado Motorcycle Expo
with
ABATE of Colorado

https://www.facebook.com/events/213675072148728

It is our pleasure to announce the MRA has been invited once again by one of our sponsors to the Colorado Motorcycle Expo
(formally the Motorcycle Show and Swap)

For those of you who have not attended the show in the pass it is quite possibly one of the biggest motorcycling events in Colorado and this year it is under new management intent on bringing forth a larger and more diverse crowd that we will be promoting our love of roadracing.

With ABATE's full support the MRA has been able to attend these events and share booth space with an organization dedicated to motorcyclist rights and education. To make a long story short it is a great event with great friends and supporters of the MRA.

With that the MRA is looking for Volunteers who would like to attend the event and promote roadracing to those in attendance.

The MRA would like to once again thank ABATE for supporting the growth of roadracing.

To Volunteer Please read below:

Volunteers the event last over two days and therefore you will be able to sign up for shifts and all hours worked will be put towards your novice hours needed to be completed as part of your agreement with the MRA.

Shift include.

Friday January 31st Setup: Move in time is not disclosed yet, but it will occur at a specified time January 31st therefore your schedule has to be flexible, but the amount of hours volunteered are short and volunteer will be award 4 hours of time. Only one volunteer will be needed.
Jeff brown and Jim Wilson

Saturday February 1st. Doors open at 9:00 am first shift will be from 9:00am to 1:00pm second shift 1:00pm to close. Multiple volunteers may sign up for each shift, but volunteers who only sign up for 4 hour shift must pay their own entry into the event. those who sign up for a full days shift will have their entry paid for.
Kathryn Malone
Micheal Puig
Will Heimann
Jeff Brown (as always)

Sunday February 2nd Shift will be from 9:00 am to 1:00pm and afternoon shift will be from 1:00pm to close. Those who volunteer for tear down will typically be done much earlier than close time, but will be responsible for assisting in the tear down of the booth space.
Micheal Puig (second shift on top of his full Saturday shift!)

If your interested in Volunteering please post up below and state which shift you would like to reserve for yourself. Please include in your post, your:
Full Name
Phone Number
Racing number
Email Address.

For more information regarding the event please follow the link bellow:

http://coloradomotorcycleexpo.com/

If your having issues posting on this forum please email info to

louden189@gmail.com

Thank you for supporting the MRA!

Throttleroller277
January 15th, 2014, 02:43 PM
I can help out with set up (Provide Bike also).

I can help out out both Sat and Sun, part of each day. (I get the Wet T Shift)

TeeNado658
January 16th, 2014, 04:20 AM
I would like to help out with all day Saturday and the second shift Sunday.

Full Name: Michael Ronald Puig
Phone Number: 719.684.3473
Racing Number: 658
Email Address: puigmichaelr@yahoo.com

Thank you

ludetech
January 16th, 2014, 11:03 AM
Id like to do all day saturday
Will heimann
No number yet
Williamheimann@gmail.com

Louden
January 18th, 2014, 11:27 PM
For Setup I have:

Jeff Brown
Jim Wilson (Jim has requested that his bike with ABATE's logo be present this year)

Alright sounds like we have Saturday all day covered by:

Kathryn Malone
Jeff Brown (minus the contest)
Micheal Puig
Will Heimann

Sunday we have:

Micheal Puig as part of the second shift.

If anyone else is interested Sunday is all we have left.

Thank you everyone above for volunteering and supporting the growth of the MRA!

NossLou
January 28th, 2014, 01:30 PM
RRW Press Release:

http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/mra-participating-in-colorado-motorcycle-expo-in-denver-this-coming-weekend/

Louden
January 29th, 2014, 04:03 PM
Nice work, thank you for writing that up.

Louden
January 29th, 2014, 04:05 PM
MRA Motorcycle Expo Volunteers
This weekend it the Motorcycle Expo at the National Western Complex, and this email is to inform you of what you need to know about volunteering this weekend with the MRA.

For those of you who will be assisting with setup and displaying your motorcycle:

1) We will be meeting on Brighton St right next to the rail road tracks as the road starts to curve to the right if you are headed north at 2:15 pm. The time required to setup is miniumal, but the amount of time to get inside of the venue depends on how quickly they are able to much all the participants in the building.

For those who will be volunteering for the show on Saturday or Sunday

1) We will be meeting at 8:45 AM in front of the National Western Complex for a better idea of the location look at the link below:

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=NATIONAL+WESTERN+COMPLEX&ie=UTF-8&ei=UGLpUrXVEur7yAGHgoHoBg&ved=0CAkQ_AUoAQ (https://maps.google.com/maps?q=NATIONAL+WESTERN+COMPLEX&ie=UTF-8&ei=UGLpUrXVEur7yAGHgoHoBg&ved=0CAkQ_AUoAQ)

2) I will be waiting out front with my MRA Shirt and or my MRA Jacket, and we will all enter at the same time. For those of you who will be attending for the full day and or both days the MRA will be covering the cost of your entry. For everyone who is going to volunteer half the day you will be expected to purchase your own ticket.

3) Upon arrival at the booth I will give everyone a quick run down of how to market racing to the crowd and use what we have at our disposal to reach those individuals. Then you will be left to your own devices to grow your club.

4) Please call me if your in need of anything (719) 580-3856 (tel:%28719%29%20580-3856). My cell phone will be on me the entire weekend, if I don't answer right away leave a message and I will listen to the message and call you back ASAP.

For those who will be helping with clean up on Sunday Afternoon.

1) As you may know it will be super bowl Sunday and therefore the show will likely have few individuals in attendance and we may decide to pack up early. Please call before arriving for your shift at the end of the day on Sunday to confirm that we are still there. If you signed up and we have decided to leave before your shift you will receive the amount of time you signed up for.

I look forward to seeing you this weekend, and thank you for supporting the growth of the MRA.
https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/images/cleardot.gif

Louden David
MRA Marketing and PR
(719) 580-3856 (tel:%28719%29%20580-3856)

Louden
February 10th, 2014, 10:46 PM
The MRA would like to thank (in no particular order, besides ABATE of course ;):

1) ABATE of Colorado for once again having us join them at this years Motorcycle Expo. It was truly and honor and a productive event for the growth of the MRA.

2) Jeff Brown, your MRA New Rider Director for supplying his motorcycle in this year event as well as spending the day at the booth supporting the club that he loves.

3)Jim Wilson, your MRA President who was also in attendance supporting the growth of his club he too seems to live for.

And a special thank you to your MRA volunteers

Micheal Puig and Will Heimann

Will Traveled from Omaha Nebraska to spend the entire day volunteering for the MRA and Micheal joined us from Colorado Springs to spend the whole day with us as well.

Without such great support from our Sponsors, board members, and volunteers the MRA would not be where it is today.

Thank you again for supporting the growth of the MRA!

Louden
May 20th, 2014, 02:57 PM
Volunteers,

I wanted to inform you that you have been awarded all required novice hours for having attended this event and that information will be passed onto the MRA secretary who will track the information.

Thank you again for supporting the growth of the MRA and the sport we all love.

Louden David
MRA Rider Rep.