PDA

View Full Version : Smarter Tools Generator - Any Experience?

Matrix
January 4th, 2014, 04:08 PM
Costco has a Smarter Tool generator with a Yamaha motor for $599. That's considerably cheaper than the Honda or Yamaha (~$999). Specs make it seem to have the same DB level as the others as well.

Anyone have any experience with these?

I couldn't find the link on the Costco website but here it is from Home Depot:
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Smarter-Tools-AP-2000i-1-600-Continuous-Watts-Gasoline-Powered-Inverter-Generator-with-Yamaha-Engine-ST-AP2000i/203233763#

Joe

lars
January 7th, 2014, 09:44 AM
Thats what I run, Same DB level but a differnt tone so if you put them next to each other you can hear them both but differently.
The first weekend I had it, I topped off the oil and test ran it for a minute then took it to the track. it worked great except had some hard starting after it was hot. It must have had something to do with its break in period because after that it has been great with no problems.

Matrix
January 9th, 2014, 09:42 AM
Thanks for the feedback. For $400 cheaper its hard not to give a shot.

NossLou
January 9th, 2014, 10:15 AM
Hunh... I was planning on buying two EUs and linking them.. I wonder if these have a link kit as well.

On the flip size thats a bitchn' little suit case arc welder there on the HD page...both of mine are the side of a mini fridge and about 80 years old before GE was even a big name!

lars
January 9th, 2014, 03:28 PM
I like that i bought it through Costco, their return policy is great so I wasn't worried.

mkdiehl
January 9th, 2014, 07:58 PM
If you have any costco related questions you can bet Lars will be able to help you!

bluedevil
January 30th, 2014, 07:41 AM
I was thinking about giving the new Champion 2000 a try... same DB as Honda and comes in at $511 to my door... Ive ran the 3500 Champion for years and it even that was pretty quiet. Never had a single problem with it in 6 years. Luckily on yours with Costco they are pretty awesome on returns... Not sure on motor stuff Ive never had to do a return on something you start or put fluids into....

WolFeYeZ
January 30th, 2014, 08:24 AM
When I was at Costco last week it was $550 with some instant rebate.