PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Find A Frame Slider

cu260r6
May 1st, 2007, 12:57 PM
My frame slider and bolt came off in RORU I think somewhere between T5 and the buttonhook. Did anyone happen to pick it up? I'm glad I noticed it fell off because I wouldn't have looked down to see my bike was overheating, but I'd like to get it back if possible.

Timmay!
May 1st, 2007, 01:07 PM
I don't remember seeing that particular item in the lost and found pile by the race tower.

dave.gallant
May 1st, 2007, 01:10 PM
My frame slider and bolt came off in RORU I think somewhere between T5 and the buttonhook. Did anyone happen to pick it up? I'm glad I noticed it fell off because I wouldn't have looked down to see my bike was overheating, but I'd like to get it back if possible.

There was soemthing shiny in the middle of the track in the exit of turn three for a bit in MWSS, but there was no frame slider attached to it from what I could tell.

Lurch
May 1st, 2007, 01:56 PM
Yep it was found in 7. Slider and washer no bolt though I did look for it 3 times because big long bolts are $$$$. I gave it to Kip to take back to you but I guess he never got around to it. Last I saw of it was on the red 4 wheeler.

Lurch

Timmay!
May 1st, 2007, 07:32 PM
I gave it to Kip to take back to you but I guess he never got around to it. Last I saw of it was on the red 4 wheeler.Lurch
You found it, and knew what bike it came off?! :roll:
I'm sure if you gave it to Kip he brought it to the tower. Contrary to what you think there are other competent members of the corner working crew besides yourself.

Lurch
May 1st, 2007, 07:41 PM
I gave it to Kip to take back to you but I guess he never got around to it. Last I saw of it was on the red 4 wheeler.Lurch
You found it, and knew what bike it came off?! :roll:
I'm sure if you gave it to Kip he brought it to the tower. Contrary to what you think there are other competent members of the corner working crew besides yourself.

Actually Glenn saw it come off and I found it so it was a team effort. I told Kip which bike it was off either 36 or 96 which Glenn corrected to 36. I did have a crash in that corner between finding and reporting so I was kind of busy.

Did I say anything about anyone being incompetent? Just reporting what I say,did and found.

cu260r6
May 2nd, 2007, 02:12 AM
Don't worry about it then. I just wanted to see the condition of the bolt and if it had any threads attached. It confused me as to how a motor mount bolt torqued at 60ish lbs could come loose in a race when there is probably a significant load on it. When I pulled off the temp was indicating almost 260 degrees, so I wonder if the metal expanded or something and allowed the bolt to come loose.

KipBook
May 5th, 2007, 03:00 PM
I do remember Lurch giving me the slider, I do recal it being on the red quad as well, I probably left it there to chase a crash. There seemed to be a lot of them this weekend! First race jitters I suppose.

Timmay!
May 7th, 2007, 12:18 PM
I do remember Lurch giving me the slider, I do recal it being on the red quad as well, I probably left it there to chase a crash.
I stand corrected, my apologies Lurch. :roll: