PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Board of Directors Candidates Bio Thread

T Baggins
October 15th, 2013, 09:53 AM
Here are the bios received from Candidates for the upcoming election.

Ballots are in the printing stage as we speak. Election meeting is November 13th at The Walnut Room, 3131 Walnut Street, Denver, CO 80205 Meeting starts at 7:00 pm. All ballots must be turned in by start of meeting, and the new Board of Directors will be announced at the end of the meeting.

Candidate Biographies

Jim Wilson
Presidential Candidate

Thank you for considering me for the position of President of the MRA.
I have been a member of the MRA since 2003. Having the opportunity to race motorcycles has been the biggest thrill of my life. My fellow racers have become my greatest friends and the MRA has always felt like a big fraternity. I am proud to be a part of it.

I have been privileged to serve this club in many capacities over the years. I have been an instructor for the MRA New Rider School and served on the air fence crew from 2007-09. From 2009-10, I was elected to the MRA Board as Rider Representative handling Public Relations and Events. In these two years I was able to build an MRA presence in the local dealers and riding community by creating and distributing various media such as posters and flyers, and attending local riding events and open houses.

In 2011, I was appointed Vice President for the 2012 season and then re-elected for the 2013-14 seasons. The major responsibilities of this position were membership and contingency. Both of these were new challenges for me which I was able to meet and exceed to the club’s expectations. The experience I have gained from this has been invaluable and has provided me greater enthusiasm towards serving a larger role on your club’s board.

If elected President, I will continue to commit myself to maintaining a high level of service to the membership and board of this club by ensuring that my responsibilities and job duties are performed accurately and in a timely manner. We have put in place a successful business plan for the MRA under Tony Baker’s leadership. I plan to continue the path that we have undertaken by keeping expenses low, constantly promoting and engaging potential new members, improving our processes and workflow with our online race management system and helping my fellow board members with being successful in their roles.

I believe the club has made great strides in recent years due to the unrelenting commitment from your board of directors. It is my goal to continue our mission of making the MRA a great club for racers and fans alike. It will be my honor to be your President for the 2014-15 seasons.

Wilson

Jennifer Gross
Secretary Candidate

Hey Everyone,
I would like to start off by saying Thank you for nominating me again. I’m Jen Jen, I have been on the Board of Directors for 6 years & I have learned so much about the MRA, the racers & their families. I have been involved with the MRA since 2007 ever since my husband Rick Grosse #20 got me hooked on my first race weekend in Hastings Nebraska. We have 3 kids Georgio 20, Cam 17, & Curtis 10 so I’m good at multitasking. Rick says I’m one of the only people he knows that can cook, clean & talk on the phone all at the same time. The MRA has stood by my families’ side through a lot of hard times during the last 2 years helping in any way possible, everyone cares about each other & when bad things happen they stand by your side. I don’t know where else you would find that except here in this club. Knowing that I have a family like that makes me a very lucky person, I couldn’t ask for anything more.

During the last 6 years I have worked with amazing people. Everyone on the Board wants the best for the club & for our members even if the decisions are very hard to make, after all it’s your club to. Each of us has a job to do but knowing that if you need help, anyone on the Board would help in any way they can. I can honestly say they are great to work with and I’m proud to be a part of it. Going into the next 2 years I will continue to work with and support my fellow Board members to ensure the longevity & future goals we have for the MRA. Even though I have been around for a while I continue to learn new things & come up with new ideas.

With the new system, Racewurx, I’m still learning so much about it & the things it can do. I look forward to getting to know all of the in’s & outs of it, in just the last season I have learned a lot & it makes my job so much easier. When I get home from the track I’m beat, I don’t want to spend all night working on the results, now I don’t have to. In years past I used to spend most of the night & the next day working on results so they could be posted online then create a PDF file for each of the classes so the VP could get contingency done. Now I can get my work done in a few hours, Racewurx is user friendly and want to help make sure that it stays that way by giving new ideas & thoughts I have about it.

I look forward to the next 2 years of working with the Board of Directors & our members. My race weekends are my vacation. Rick & I both work long hours for our “regular” jobs but when we are at the track we have fun; we get to see our friends & watch good racing. Thank you all again for nominating me, I look forward to many more great times. I miss my family already & can’t wait to see you next month @ the awards ceremony …….. See you in the 2014 season.

Sincerely,
JenJen

Carl Sorensen
Vice President of Rules and Tech Candidate

Well, for those of you that don't know, I'm the big happy face that you had to have look over your bike every round the last two years. It was my pleasure to do the VP of Rules and Tech job the last two years, I really enjoyed it.

A little back ground on me: I moved to Colorado in fall of 2007 from Virginia where I had done track days for a few years. During the winter of 2008 I decided I'd give racing a shot and got my license after taking the MRA race school. I raced a full year as a novice in 2008 and had the time of my life. I was impressed by how helpful everyone was and how tight of a family the MRA seemed to be. I've raced full seasons for the last 6 years and have got to know the club pretty well. And served on the board as the VP of Rules and Tech for the 2012 and 2013 seasons.

My main commitment if elected is to work hard to serve the club and make it as safe and as fair as I possibly can. I feel that with my mechanical background and experience in the pits I can well accomplish the job at hand. I would like to continue doing Friday night tech and whatever else I can to make the race weekend smooth for the racers as well as the rest of the hard working board members.

It's been great working on the board the last two years and seeing the club grow and continue to move forward and I look forward to being a part of it again next season.

Thank you,
Carl

Chris Sorensen
Track Marshal Candidate

Well, most of you know me as "Hot Carl's Brother". In fact, my actual name is Chris and I started racing with the MRA in 2009. I did a couple part-time seasons and had so much fun I figured out a way to do full seasons the last 3 years. I've had the pleasure of learning all about the MRA board of directors and operations through Carl and the past and current board members I bowl with. So I thought to myself, how could I contribute to the future success of the MRA?

The Track Marshal position is very important. Ray has done a great job over the years and I went to him with my questions and concerns before accepting the nomination. Rest assured, I will take this role very seriously. I know I have a lot to learn in a short period of time but I'm up for the challenge.

I'm a Mechanical Engineer by day and have over the years managed and trained workers in addition to facilitating safety programs. While I was on a 5-year hiatus from my engineering career, I was in a rock band touring relentlessly. This required significant tour management and leadership skills that I acquired on the job.

My goal is to get up to speed as quickly as possible in regards to race day procedures and to keep the race day running smoothly and safely. We had a really great crew this past year so hopefully they're as excited to come back as I am to being Track Marshal for the MRA.

Shannon Moham
Rider Rep – Rulebook Candidate

Thank you for the opportunity to once again be your MRA rider representative for the 2014 season. My first motorcycle was obtained at the ripe age of 8, and I successfully managed to crash into my neighbor's garage on Christmas morning. Let’s just say, I've come a long way! My experience racing motorcycles has been for approximately a decade, and my accomplishments are the result of dedication and hard work—the same as I will continue to put into the MRA. Over time, my efforts have paved the way for me to become a very accomplished expert racer. I thoroughly love and enjoy racing motorcycles. Both the competitiveness and passion help me to continually bring new and exciting insight to the MRA.

Fortunately, I have raced with the majority of major road racing organizations in North America, excelled at racing from lightweight classes to Race of the Rockies, and provided instruction and guidance to almost every super street class since its inception. Because of this exposure, I will continue to bring ideas and proposals to the to the table and share what seems to work and not work throughout these organizations.

The MRA is not just an organization that I belong to, and not just an organization that I race for. It's a family--a family of people that I choose to spend my weekends with laughing, sharing, and yes, even hurting at times. It is this very family that I will continue to represent. I will speak up for those who don't know how to voice their thoughts and/or opinions, and I will help express any and all ideas of every racer that wants to put them out there. During my tenure as a MRA rider representative, I take pride in the fact that I was part of a board that accomplished so much. There is a great sense of accomplishment and satisfaction in being the rider representative for the rulebook. An entire set of rules and class structure for the annual four-hour endurance race was created. I championed Friday night tech and created a spirit of the rulebook ethos. Through personal efforts a new points system was created from a mathematical approach and research based on a vast array of road race point systems used throughout the world. The best part of the new points system is that it works! As a MRA rider representative, I make great efforts to assure my availability to the seasoned rider and the novice. Whenever possible I loan tools, parts, bikes, and my personal labor. Teaching, communicating, walking the track, and maintaining high visibility are also part of my regular routine. I take great pride in every aspect of being a MRA rider representative.

As a graduate of the United States Air Force Academy who went on to lead troops in combat, I have always been very professional and dedicated in every aspect of my life. I want only the best for the future of the MRA. It is my promise to continue to work with the board members, the racers, and their families to fight for the future of our club. The MRA has been an amazing experience in my life and I'm extremely grateful to have been a part of such a wonderful group of people. Thank you, again, and I hope you allow me to represent you for the new 2014 season. See you on the track!!

Blair Harness

I'm a newer member of the MRA, obtaining my first race license in 2012. I have been impressed with the club, both as an organization as well as the members. I have enjoyed racing and learning, and plan to continue.

I am interested in becoming more involved with the MRA, and helping out with the operation of the club. I am honored to have been nominated for a MRA rider rep position. If elected, I will do my best to fulfill the requirements of the position and support the MRA and members. I hope to be able to support the continued operation and growth of the club.

Ken Yee

I’m honored to be nominated for the Rider Representative Rulebook position. I didn’t expect to be nominated but, after some consideration, I found that I would be happy to contribute to the development of our club. The MRA board of directors put a lot of effort into running our club and, if the members wish, I would like to contribute.

I have been racing with the club for three seasons. I am familiar with the typical race day, have ridden 600s and production bikes as a novice and expert, and understand the challenges of having fair rules for a multitude of different bikes. If elected, I will be a voice for my fellow riders, passing their suggestions and concerns along to the board for consideration and helping them interpret the rulebook to the best of my ability.
Working with the VP of Rules and Tech, I would work to promote fair, competitive and safe racing. As an engineer by trade, creating, compiling and publishing the competition rules may be the best way that I can contribute as a rider representative.

We all want to see our club continue to prosper and, if elected, I intend to help.

Aaron Fisk
Rider Rep – Trophy Candidate

Thank you for nominating me to the position of Rider Rep Trophies/Class Sponsorship for another term. It continues to be an honor to give back to the club in an official capacity. I believe my commitment to the MRA and Rider rep position was demonstrated at every round thru the year and I would like to continue that trend.

From my experience the position of rider rep trophies has the following customers, MRA Racers, MRA Class Sponsors, Board of directors, and the New Rider Director. I believe that I have positively contributed in all of these areas and will continue to if elected.

MRA Racers- I have learned that change is well received for trophies. Mixing it up again this year again seemed to be great including sparkplug and sprocket trophies along with the ROR pistons. Going forward I will continue this trend, working with the Board for a cost effective solution that still allows us to have a year-end Awards Ceremony with picture plaques and top 10 plates that everyone enjoys.

MRA Class Sponsors- Securing Class sponsors for the MRA is a big part of this rider rep position. I have worked hard over the past few years to secure all of our class sponsor positions, and gather their personal marketing items for the “Race day Announcement book” that I created. Going forward I will continue to explore new ways to show “value” to each sponsor and I can see some exciting new opportunities coming up with the new MRA Web site.

MRA Board of directors- Any rider rep position is both an individual and team effort. I am a huge team player and believe that is what is required to keep the MRA running the best it can. Any ideas that I come up with we review as a board to determine what’s best for the club. Yearly trophy selections within budget and providing sponsorship values are all voted on by the board. Where necessary I try to bring in my 15+ years of Program and Business management skills to the board so we can provide the best service we can for the club.

New Rider Director- Last but not least is the support we rider reps give to the New Rider Director. During my last 5 years of racing locally with the MRA and other clubs out of state, my experience of 100+ races, attendance at various racing schools, and instructing over the past 3 years, I have demonstrated the skills necessary to be qualified as a rider rep.
Serving on the MRA board has been great, and with your vote I look forward to providing a high level of service for the next term to both our Racers and MRA Sponsors. This position does take a LARGE amount of time and dedication to function effectively. I believe I have demonstrated those qualities and will continue to do so going forward.

In closing I’ve really enjoyed working for you and I hope you’ll re-elect me for Rider Rep Trophies/Class Sponsorship.

Thanks much,
Aaron Fisk #125

Jason Madama
Rider Rep – Trophy Candidate

No bio submitted.

Louden David
Rider Rep – Public Relations Candidate

I would like to start off by saying it has been an honor to represent the MRA in this position for the past two season, and it has been made only more enjoyable having been able to work with some of the MRA’s finest. Being a member of the MRA has broadened my life in so many ways I couldn’t imagine having not been a part of this organization. I must say thank you for having me be a member of this club, and for giving me the opportunity to give back to those who I consider to be like family.

As a Rider Representative I must say some moments were difficult and at times downright disheartening, but every day with the help of all of those involved in the MRA I was able to keep moving forward. Because that is what I was taught by the MRA when things are not going as planned we get up dust ourselves off and try again. This season as a rider rep was all about trying again to fulfill my goal of making the MRA a long term viable means of advertising; while doing my best to support those who support the MRA. With a significant amount of help from so many sources involved in Colorado Motorsports we were able to do just that.

Currently the MRA has twenty audio video displays throughout the state which are capable of delivering a promotional message directing like minded individuals to try roadracing with the MRA. Also they readily hold our printed media making them stand out and be noticed. Furthermore, these devices have helped maintain relationships with all those who have supported the MRA and its riders. To say the least it is something that I’m proud to have been able to collectively develop, test, and implement.

Though the aforementioned goals for the MRA Public Relations department I consider to be quite impressive, with the help of volunteers and other members of the board we were still able to attended several motorcycle related events to promote our sport as well as continue to grow our social media following.

Though I’m very proud of what I was involved in this season with the MRA and very proud of all the other improvements that were being made by the board of directors, this election is about the future of the MRA and what we representatives will be doing over the next year to build upon what has already been accomplished.

If elected as the Rider Representative for Public Relations I intend to:
1) Decipher all the data that was collected from new riders in 2013.
2) With that data I intend to focus our advertising efforts accordingly.
3) Develop a more efficient means of media distribution.
4) Create an appropriate advertising budget.
5) Create an advertising strategy.

Thank you MRA for everything you have done, and thank you again for your consideration in this years election.

Jose Rivera
Rider Rep – Public Relations Candidate

No bio submitted.

Nik Lenski
Rider Rep – Press/Contingency Candidate

First I want to thank you all for considering me for this position.

My past history with the MRA: I first started attending MRA road racing events in 2006 as a spectator. Watching my first race from the railing on the front straight at PMP, I was immediately hooked. I was blown away watching Otis and Turpin came out of turn 10 with the rear wallowing near out of control. I decided I was done being Mr. Hot Socks in the canyons, and decided it was time to start racing. Little did I know that the following year I would destroy my bike at the MRA race school trying to imitate Turpin in turn 10 at PMP. I was humbled very quickly and got the opportunity to learn what race craft truly is from your current new rider rep, Jeff Brown. Therefore I officially started my novice year in 2008. Since then, the MRA and motorcycle racing developed into my true passion. Over the years I have been thoroughly impressed with the individuals of this club. Many may not know it, but they have played a big part in our family, both in and outside of the sport. I have met most of my friends through the MRA, and was lucky enough to even meet my beautiful wife, Dani, in 2010 at the first 4 hour endurance MRA event. I have had the opportunity to help instruct at the MRA race school over the past two years as well as our superstreet program. Instructing, while watching a student develop throughout the year has been the most gratifying experience I have had with the MRA. It also drove me to want to give back more to the club that has given so much to me, and that is why I am running for the Press and Contingency board position.

If selected as your new rider rep, I will commit myself to maintaining a high level of service to the MRA. I assure the members of this club, and those of the MRA board, that I will work diligently to complete my responsibilities and duties in a timely manner. I respond extremely well to harsh criticism, and look forward to input from all on how I can better represent the club with our future press releases. Throughout the season, I will represent the MRA on and off the track in a positive manner. I will continue to report on the accomplishments of individuals and our club with our press releases to RRW, as well as the email blasts sent out for upcoming events. Working hand in hand with our public relations representative, we will continue to promote the MRA locally and nationally. In addition, I will dedicate myself to attending upcoming PR events, and staying involved with the promotion of the MRA to our future riders. Seeing a turnout this 2013 season that rivals the participation of 2005, my main goal is to focus on an effort to draw new racers to the club, and continue to grow the MRA family. It is incredible to see all the new faces that have joined in the last 5 years. I will also support our Vice President with contingency submittals. I plan on working hard and committing myself to fulfill the needs of the membership of the MRA.

I was proud to be part of the MRA this past 2013 season, and the accomplishments of our club this year. I am also thankful that we are still an entity after a economically rough few years. Many saw numerous clubs collapse. I believe we are still in operation due to the extraordinary hard work of our board, and the members of this club continuing to show up at the races and do what we love, even when it financially was next to impossible. We all would like to see this continued support, and it is my goal to work hard with your 2014 board members to make the MRA one of the best organizations for racing. I look forward to seeing you all throughout the off season at the general meetings, awards banquet, and numerous PR events that will be held. 2014 is going to be an epic year for the MRA.

Nik

HAMMER
October 16th, 2013, 11:07 AM
I will get my Bio in ASAP.... thankx!!! :D

Ray-Ray
October 16th, 2013, 11:37 AM
I will get my Bio in ASAP.... thankx!!! :D

Bio's from accepted candidates are DUE no later than 6pm on SUNDAY OCTOBER 13th. Ballots must be mailed as soon as possible following the October General Meeting.

Once again you missed the hole shot! :)

Peanut_EOD
October 16th, 2013, 12:30 PM
Shouldn't that be whole shot?

DOUBLE A
October 16th, 2013, 12:46 PM

http://img.xcitefun.net/users/2013/06/325074,xcitefun-forum-moderator.jpg

I LOOOOOOVE TO PARTY! :lol: :lol:

Peanut_EOD
October 16th, 2013, 10:28 PM

https://scontent-b-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/1235374_10151639962402043_481393052_n.jpg

I am a schmuck! :?: :lol: :?: :lol:

I stand erected..... but still not a schmuck.

Yeeker
October 17th, 2013, 08:37 AM
Thank you

HAMMER
October 17th, 2013, 09:45 AM
:D well I guess nobody told me I need the bio in by any specific time..... I can keep It short and sweet as no to piss off ray ray ( like that will ever happen :lol: ) ... I running for trophies RR again ( the last time I did I came up with a sweet idea of changing things up from the plaster race man trophies that we had for the 8 previous years iv raced with the MRA ( yes this is my 11th season with the mra and have never missed a single round if I have had a race licence ) Aaron F. did a awesome job with trophies, using my idea and doing "almost" identical trophies as I considered in my bio/request back in 2011 ( :shock: )

any ways I would like to try bring it to the next level, and try and get something a little bit more BADASSEDNESS!!!! maybe talk to my machine shop friends and try and do something similar to the CVMA trophies made out of billet ( yes I believe I can do it for a great price bcuz the majority of the cost its the set up of the cut file and I can provide that for no charge ) or an engraved wall piece like the barber trophies ... evn tho I do like the smaller 2nd and 3rd I think the first place could be super cool !!!

I also believe I can be an asset to the club for helping riders on and off the track , 11 years of racing and experience and 2 MRA class championships and knowing all the ins and outs of the format and club as well as a design degree ( maybe help with a re-vamp of some of the outdated looking MRA logos, shirts & web stuff...

I appreciate the consideration for the position and will do my bet to help the MRA keep growing :D

Jason "hammer" Madama #213

:D :D

HAMMER
October 17th, 2013, 10:29 AM
like this, CANT HAVE OUR "SISTER" CLUB ....ONE US UP!!!!!!!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=547930911886283&set=a.204673139545397.54977.176799598999418&type=3&theater

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=545418498804191&set=a.204673139545397.54977.176799598999418&type=3&theater

Fastt Racing
December 6th, 2013, 05:43 PM
Hello. I am Dennis Stowers. I would like to introduce myself in application for the MRA Rider Rep, Trophies & Class Sponsors position.

I started racing Quarter Midgets in 1987, and have been involved with racing ever since. Racing stock cars & open wheel cars, as well as snowmobiling have been a great passion of mine. I am 31 years old now, and currently unmarried. I have served in various positions with the various racing clubs that I have been a part of, and feel I can bring my experience to the MRA in a positive way. I have not been an official member on the board of directors previously, and look forward to serving the MRA in this capacity. I have been involved with the MRA for four seasons now. It started with racing the Superstreet class, and I will now be racing my third season as an expert rider.

I am a small business owner in the automotive industry. I have worked closely with vendors in the automotive & powersports sectors almost my whole life. I am confident that my valuable customer service skills will be useful in communicating with class sponsors. I am also very excited about the marketing value our new website has the potential of offering potential sponsors. Racing related marketing can be very different from other traditional marketing. I have proven through procurement of many valuable sponsor relationships throughout my career that I understand this niche well.

I can be passionate and opinionated about issues at times, but understand what it takes in the team atmosphere to keep a great club like the MRA headed in a steady direction. Passion is needed to come up with new ideas, and the motivation to make them a reality. I have the time and dedication it takes to accomplish this without any doubt. I look forward to working with a great board of directors. I am confident in every members ability to keep this club one of the most successful clubs in the country.

I have worked with the New Rider Director over the past two seasons on several occasions. I have studied and observed the new rider school, superstreet program, and various novice riders in the club. Through my experiences with these programs as an instructor I have learned a lot about what it takes to do a good job, and compliment the New Rider Director in these duties. It was not as easy as I thought it would be. I feel qualified now to be a representative for the riders in the club. I have taken the initiative to attend riding schools to develop my own understanding of good safe motorcycle racing technique, and will never stop learning. I would be honored to work more closely with Jeff Brown in the coming years.

I have some ideas on how to continue the trend started by Aaron Fisk with the variety of trophies. I would like to investigate some new options for trophies while still supporting local trophy vendors, and keeping our awards program within the set budget. I would also be helping with all of the end of the year awards, and creating a fresh new Awards Ceremony which I think most agree could use some changes.

I am honored to even be considered for this position. I realize this is a very serious commitment, and thought a lot about the position before submitting my application. If you know much about my personality, I take pride in doing things right. I have made the necessary adjustments to my racing program, and will be ready to get to work for the MRA if accepted. Thank you for your time. You are all like family to me. I enjoy spending many more years with all of you!