PDA

View Full Version : thank you! & 2 questions

giovannir6
April 30th, 2007, 02:03 PM
Huge thanks to all of you wonderful corner workers! You people are freakin awesome.

The Question:
How many of you are there, and where do the majority of you all live?

Wild Cheetah 612
April 30th, 2007, 03:45 PM
The Question:
It is unknown how many there are. They lurk in dark, cavernous places and only come out when they smell the hint of oncoming carnage wafting from a race track somewhere in the distance.

Timmay!
April 30th, 2007, 03:55 PM
It is unknown how many there are. They lurk in dark, cavernous places and only come out when they smell the hint of oncoming carnage wafting from a race track somewhere in the distance.

And once we saw the surface dwellers looked like Donna we when back into our holes and waited for six more weeks of winter. :P

Timmay!
April 30th, 2007, 03:59 PM
The Question:

The number varies from season to season, and it depends if you are talking about workers who make all or most of the events, or those that are part time. Full timers...about eight, part timers about five to ten more. And their residences are from Colo Spgs to Glenwood springs, to Ft. Collins.. why do you ask?

-puck-
April 30th, 2007, 04:29 PM
BIG thanks to all of you for a great job this weekend! Luckily, I didn't directly need any assistance from you, but it was great to know you were all there if needed! :D

When I get fast i'm sure i'll slide up and see ya up close a few times. :wink:

*GSXR~SNAIL*
April 30th, 2007, 11:54 PM
Huge thanks to all of you wonderful corner workers! You people are freakin awesome.

The Question:

It was my first time helping out. I came down from Aurora and really enjoyed myself. I hope to help out more through out the season, as my schedule permits. I'll definitely be there in Hastings to help and I think that if you can't race, for whatever reason, this is a great opportunity to still be involved somehow and assist a great community, being the MRA.

A big thanks to Timmay! for getting me going.

giovannir6
May 1st, 2007, 08:40 AM
Timmay, PM :shock:

OConnell
May 1st, 2007, 10:52 AM
For the record, that was 2 questions :lol:

And as always, a big thanks to all that spent their time making this weekend run as well as it did.

RoadRunner
May 2nd, 2007, 01:42 AM
I completed my "Novice" hours and stayed for a full day. The help was much needed, but I was enjoying it too much to leave.

I learned so much from all of you who were on the track.

It was a pleasure to help out a was much needed, since we all were again short handed.

Had a wonderful time! Luv my new summer "Tan" So much for SPF 15 or 30... :lol:

RR

KipBook
May 5th, 2007, 03:09 PM
and only come out when they smell the hint of oncoming carnage wafting from a race track somewhere in the distance.

We only like carnage if the rider gets up and does the glove and helmet throwing dance... it's no fun when we have to help the A-crews scrape the rider(s) off the ground. :-&
And as far as dark caverns, I work in an asphalt lab so your not far from the truth...

Now if I could only figure out how to bottle the smell of raceing fuel burning in the crisp morning air... :-k

tomtom
May 5th, 2007, 10:17 PM
Corner working was great! Sacraficed my practice time kinda sucked,
got some cool digital piks of racers from a corner view is nice, all in all
it gave me a deep perspective of racing in the MRA !
And this is a good thing.

Tom