PDA

View Full Version : Stolen Trailer - Please Help

rybo
September 18th, 2013, 08:36 AM
Trailer Stolen - Help needed!

After this weekend with the flooding in Milliken I decided to leave my trailer at Ken Yee and Holly R Hendrickson 's place in Lakewood. This morning between 6AM and 8AM the trailer was removed from the location on Hoyt Street in front of their house. The police have been contacted.

Description:

The trailer is a white and black 8' wide by 14' foot long homebuilt trailer. On the side are faded stickers for Team Skinny, the Breckenridge Brewery and Racing 2 Save Lives. Across the back in large block letters is WWW.MRA-RACING.ORG

Inside the trailer is my bright yellow GSXR 750 teaching bike and both Ken and Holly's Ninja 250 racebikes. Ken's bike has green bodywork and the number 433 on it, Holly's is black with the number 833 on it. Additionally all of the "stuff" for racing is in there. Tires, tire warmers, suits, boots, gloves, helmets, tools.

Please share!

Thanks

Scott

MadVlad
September 18th, 2013, 08:45 AM
I'll spread the word and keep an eye out

rforsythe
September 18th, 2013, 10:04 AM
This trailer is easily recognizable by all of the decals, so hopefully someone will notice it. I really hope we can find the lowlife sonofabitch responsible, and deliver what's coming to them.

This is my old trailer (and the MRA's before that), so if you've been around the MRA for any length of time, you've seen it at the track. I'm trying to locate some pictures as well.

If you work somewhere that has people on the roads regularly, pass the word along to them. This thing should be so easily spotted by the description that anyone who reads it will know it when they see it.

303 cycle
September 18th, 2013, 11:14 AM
Wow, right up the street from me. Really sucks :?

fosbibr
September 18th, 2013, 08:00 PM
Rybo

Could you post a photo - I know what it looks like but I could pass it along to my drivers and some others.

Sorry to hear about this. Nothing worse than thieves. Although it's no consolation to you, Ken or Holly, but they'll get theirs.

B

Mforza
September 19th, 2013, 08:17 AM
No way! Again?!
Im sorry to hear that Scott :(
You are a magnet for this.

rybo
September 25th, 2013, 11:45 AM
Hi everyone- quick update. As of early this morning 2 of the motorcycles have been recovered by the Denver police. The green EX250 and the GSXR are in impound and we should be able to retrieve them on Saturday. I don't know if any arrests were made in association with the recoveries, but do know they were recovered at different times in different places. Still no sign of the trailer or other equipment. Thanks for the continued support!

blaircsf
September 25th, 2013, 12:30 PM
Glad to hear some of it was found. Hopefully it provides some information to find the rest of it as well.

Jon
September 25th, 2013, 03:41 PM
If I remember the trailer correctly it was originally made by the Kittinger family and was their first attempt at making trailers prior to beginning production of a line of Cal-Fab ?incredably heavy trailers and it served as the clubs trailer for several years. Regardless, I'm glad to hear some of the items were recovered but I'd bet they'll scrap the trailer due to the sheer weight of the steel involved. I'd keep an eye out on the CSB, WERA and other forums and etc for some of the other items and best of luck

oldtimer
September 25th, 2013, 03:42 PM
Yay!! I hope they find the 3rd bike and the rest of your stuff!!

rforsythe
September 29th, 2013, 11:41 AM
If I remember the trailer correctly it was originally made by the Kittinger family and was their first attempt at making trailers prior to beginning production of a line of Cal-Fab ?incredably heavy trailers and it served as the clubs trailer for several years. Regardless, I'm glad to hear some of the items were recovered but I'd bet they'll scrap the trailer due to the sheer weight of the steel involved. I'd keep an eye out on the CSB, WERA and other forums and etc for some of the other items and best of luck

Surprisingly, the trailer was found intact in a 2nd recovery. I hope the last bike and some of the gear surfaces, but all things considered this is a better than average outcome.

rybo
September 30th, 2013, 10:37 PM
Good news!

Late last Friday night the Denver police found the trailer behind a haunted house in an industrial area off of Brighton Road in Denver.

Nothing of real value was left in it, but the trailer itself was intact.

Big thanks to Jason Madama. A buddy of his had his trailer plate stolen and it ended up on my trailer. When he went to check it out he saw the unusual decals on the trailer and asked Jason about it. It posted on Facebook and they were able to give me the officer's number that was working the area. The officer met me at the location, helped me hitch it up and sent me on my way.

So far two of the motorcycles and the trailer have been recovered. The motorcycles have both been crashed.

The missing bike is Holly's EX 250. Black number 833.

Thanks to all for the positive thoughts and keeping an eye out!

Scott

Throttleroller277
October 1st, 2013, 06:16 AM
That's great to hear!.... Hopefully the 250 shows up soon.