PDA

View Full Version : apologies for killing my start

Ice
September 15th, 2013, 08:19 PM
Fell down at the start of CC which really slowed Matt Diehl and whomever was directly behind me. Dumped the clutch and whiskey throttled myself into the ground. Right after Matt told me to be careful.

mkdiehl
September 15th, 2013, 08:59 PM
Not a problem for me. You just delayed my two lap appearance and then back to the pits. Too slick for the tires I had.

You are lucky I didn't have my camera on or you would be another you tube sensation like someone else I know from the mra......search loop 250 .....

Glad you are ok.

Matt

lars
September 16th, 2013, 11:09 AM
For all the people out there who don't want to actually search:)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TiL5TAgKdN4
Thanks again Kionka for posting this!!
Hopefully there is a video of yours so we can compare notes!!!

Ice
September 16th, 2013, 07:17 PM
I just watched it, Lars - love that you kept yours up. Not only do I have first person video... My girlfriend got it on video from the tower. In the interest of fairness, and the amazing amount of laughter Chadwick got out of it, I'll throw it up on YouTube for all.

mkdiehl
September 16th, 2013, 09:04 PM
Link, link, link.....

lars
September 17th, 2013, 06:02 AM
Actually, i dropped it. picked it up. came through pit lane, Shannon and Scott Rybo "teched" my bike and then let me back out there only to have me lowside in turn 2 of HPR.

Ice
September 18th, 2013, 08:12 AM
A Facebook friend stole my vid and added a soundtrack. I have it on my GoPro but haven't ripped it, yet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugIZU6kErLU

lars
September 18th, 2013, 08:39 AM
THanks for the post Jim! i think this should be made a sticky for people to put all of their tragic failed starts!

Ice
September 18th, 2013, 08:52 AM
THanks for the post Jim! i think this should be made a sticky for people to put all of their tragic failed starts!

+1

Glad someone can empathize!

cjmagnuss
October 11th, 2013, 11:05 AM
Jim,
You gotta get me the gopro footage for the banquet video :D

Ice
October 11th, 2013, 01:55 PM
Send me your address/email and desired format!