PDA

View Full Version : PPIR Infield Condition?

chrobis
September 12th, 2013, 09:25 AM
The last infield corner can get flooded just from the sprinkler system at PPIR. Does anybody know how is it looking with the torrential rains of this week?

HAMMER
September 12th, 2013, 09:26 AM
bring your jetski!! and swim trunks :D

snowblaze506
September 12th, 2013, 09:33 AM
Don't forget your water wings and other various floaties!!!!!!!!!!!

Peanut_EOD
September 12th, 2013, 09:49 AM
Good thing we're allowed to use rain tires for safety......oh wait. :shock:

DOUBLE A
September 12th, 2013, 09:53 AM
Bring lots of quarters to buy out all the tampons in the woman's restrooms! :lol:

T Baggins
September 12th, 2013, 12:07 PM
I'll check with Paul down there... but remember folks, the event is two days away and is located 100 miles from where all the flooding and stuff is (for now anyway).

We plan to run the event, even if it's raining, but as we discussed at the General Meeting last night rider and cornerworker safety is key.

Torrential rain that affects visibility, standing water that is unavoidable or impassible, and lightning are all good reasons for stopping a race.

peteyt328
September 12th, 2013, 12:25 PM
Also the tunnel to enter the track, that could be an issue as well.

T Baggins
September 12th, 2013, 12:30 PM

Not if we're already inside... lol!

from Paul:

Tony,
We are fine. Had some light rain earlier. We are dry now.
-Paul
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

DOUBLE A
September 12th, 2013, 12:48 PM

http://gamesfemme.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/the-oregon-trail-kansas-river-crossing.jpg

Jon
September 12th, 2013, 12:49 PM
How about some confirmation on rather or not Boulder Roads will be open and rather or not those who live in or North of Boulder will be able to get there safely. I went to BMS a while ago and it took over an hour due to the multiple closed roads and associated detours. It, by the way, is still raining.
Nice to hear that it's dry in Fountain though I'm not sure I'll be able to make it :o

NossLou
September 12th, 2013, 01:02 PM
I'm pretty excited...bringing a canoe for sure... I am so excited to run around in the rain nekkked! I might actually drink some JDaniels this weekend!

peteyt328
September 12th, 2013, 01:09 PM
Ya, I'm with you Jon.. Hoping my house doesn't float away like half the roads did around here...

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/local-news/swiftwater-rescue-after-dillon-road-washed-out-between-lafayette-and-broomfield

http://newsfeed.time.com/2013/09/12/intense-rains-cause-deadly-flash-floods-in-northern-colorado/

NossLou
September 12th, 2013, 01:14 PM
Damn that FORD got effed...how the hell did the pillars and bed peel like that! Glad they are all ok...

Peanut_EOD
September 12th, 2013, 01:25 PM
Damn that FORD got effed...how the hell did the pillars and bed peel like that! Glad they are all ok...
Water is the most destructive thing on the planet. You should see what I can do with a small amount of explosives and some water. :wink:

NossLou
September 12th, 2013, 01:28 PM
Water is the most destructive thing on the planet. You should see what I can do with a small amount of explosives and some water. :wink:

I agree but I dont think water extended that high up on the truck..

Speak of water and explosives... my wife loves being nekked in hot tubs for a reason.. :D

Unless I have gas! :?

DOUBLE A
September 12th, 2013, 01:54 PM
HAHAHAH!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Throttleroller277
September 12th, 2013, 03:29 PM

I agree but I dont think water extended that high up on the truck..

Speak of water and explosives... my wife loves being nekked in hot tubs for a reason.. :D

Bring out the Jack Daniels!!! 8) :lol: 8)

Jon
September 12th, 2013, 04:20 PM
Well presently and given the damage that's occurring in and around Boulder County I may just have to skip this one and allow you guys to have all the fun. I've spent most of my day knee deep or better in ditches, fields and etc. trying to save what's left of our county road as the culverts beneath can't handle the shear volume of water flowing both beneath and now on top at multiple locations along it's length. Our driveway is beneath two feet of water and it continues to get worse. Most roads leading out of Boulder are closed or diverted and the rains continue.
Anyhow, just came in to get another change of cloths, a few more tools and I'm going to dig, trench and do whatever I can to try and make a difference but so far I'm losing.....

T Baggins
September 12th, 2013, 04:26 PM
shitty deal Jon, I feel for ya. The road between our house and "town" was closed for 8 days once the first Winter we moved to the Country. Talk about isolated - and stuck!

Good luck buddy, stay warm if not dry.

Jon
September 12th, 2013, 08:04 PM
As wide spread as this flood is showing, I'm rather surprised but relieved that there's no one else in the club that's been affected in the least by it. From watching the news it appears as if it extends along the entire front range as far north as Loveland/Fort Collins, South as far as Colorado Sprgs/Fountain judging from a death reported there and east through the Burlington, Limon and I-70 corridor.
However as Paul said PPIR is dry and ready to race. I certainly hope for as optimistic a forecast and that the one I'm seeing on weather.com isn't reality.
We're just here outside Boulder tucked in and listening to the rainfall come down at a phonominal rate as I've never seen in Colorado for as long as I've been here.
To all who make it down, drive safe and race even safer. I of course will do all in my power to try and make it as I don't seem to have done much good here regardless of my efforts.