Regular Board Meeting

Meeting Called to Order By: Tony Baker @ 7:00pm
Time & Location: 7:00 PM; The Walnut Room
Next Meeting Date & Time: Wednesday July 10, 2013 @ 7:00pm

Next Food:
Previous Minutes:
Committee Reports:

 Report of Officers:

 President: Tony- Kevin Finnegan has resigned. Board has a couple options: another election, hold interviews, etc. We took person that took 2nd place last 3 times. Samantha Coleman has been appointed. Welcome Sam. Another good round at Pueblo. we only lost a couple hundred bucks. Thank you for patience with rain delays. Good job RayRay for rain delays. Better situation next time with reserved parking. We won't go back unless things change. only place we go to that our members are pissed off before we get there. Judy Faas inherited a bad situation. Who enjoys riding the track at Pueblo. (Majority have raced their hands). Jon Glaefke contacted Tony volunteering to be liason for motorcyclists at Pueblo and help address turn 10 issues. They really screwed and not sure where they spent CMC money. It's not just us. Car clubs have issues with turn 10. Ricky Orlando says what happened in Pueblo is partially our fault since we had no representation with the city. JImDavis is doing fine and working 5 miles a day and credits Glenn and safety crew.

 Vice-President: Jim- Has a cold... welcome to Sam. Is everyone getting the email blasts alright? Sent one out Monday, seemed like everyone got it. You can enter for every round through round 7 now, have to pay upfront before each round. We've been shutting down the Friday before now it's the Monday the week of the race, around 9pm. Don't send an email to reopen it. Season points, lots of emails from members. Been working on it and it's now up except for the 250 cup, working on it. Clubman points are next, go to main page of the portal and find it there. If something is wrong let me know. Had to correct some issues but it's good now. Overall is coming now as well for combined classes, Jen Jen is working on it. Contingencies are submitted, Hammer is annoying. Honda has been submitted for first three rounds. Other contingencies, the rest for round three will go out so you can get paid. If you haven't been paid, please let me know or keep me in the loop so I can help out or see what's going on. Novice hours, since Jen Jen isn't here, I'll be doing it. Haven't gotten EBC forms but Pete Tabor said you can use the old forms and change the date. Looks like they are starting to pay. EBC- Experimental Brake Company :)

 VP Rules & Tech: Carl- Thanks for your patience with the new Tech rules and check in, trying to make everything smoother.

 Treasurer: Rachael- Fantasti news for the club...one of the most successful rounds ever. Only ost a few hundred dollars. ROR purse was up as well, but our expenses are up as well. Last year lost around $1600. Round 2 was $3300 over, yay. Operating cost is at $88,050.20, safety fund is low (negative). Needs more money. Can we put money into the safety fund for injured riders? Hard to distribute fairly (Tony). If someone wants to participate or start a red flag fund...go ahead but the board sees it as a loose loose situation and the safety fund has helped the MRA be safer with equipment etc... (Ricky) can we do an event or fundraiser for fallen riders? We did for Zach, if someone wants to spearhead that we support it wholeheartedly.

 Secretary: JenJen- Absent (Rachel) Results have been posted for round three, if you have questions, ask her please. If you need novice hours, see Jim. Peanut, "NO" you don't get results yet.

 New Rider Director: Brownie- Good to see Mike here!! Thanks to the Walnut Room and Jonny Burr. He wants to send his love to us, sorry he can't be here. We keep having superstreet riders convert to racers, still working. Round after round or Fridays before a weekend I'm still working with new folks...awesome! Anyone new here, wants to get a license with or without superstreet, we can make that happen. (Dave N) the level is getting higher or better with the superstreet guys. Brownie is embarrassed for Nabber. Jim got three new riders contacting him today to do the class. That's because of the dealerships, the e-displays with Louden, etc...whatever people are doing, keep doing it. It's been helping to keep the club afloat over the last couple of years. If you have kids, bring em out

 Track Marshal: RayRay- Posted on the Forum, after 17 years, I'm retiring. If you are interested in track marshal position, shadow me, I'd love to show you the ropes. New ATV has a problem, might have blown a head gasket, need to get it in. They are 2-3 weeks out. Need a ATV for round 4, anyone have one to use? Galafke may have something. (Peter Tabor) blue flag thing... lapped traffic crashes. Shannon will talk about it. It's a rule change thing (Brownie) do it at the rule change meeting. Safety should take precedence over rules meeting.

 Rider Reps.
• Rules: Shannon- Blue flag thing, it needs to be a recommendation for the rule change meeting. In the AMA they are a lot faster and you are a good racer. So you apply that to club racing and you have some new guys out of 250 lass or superstreet...have these guys look, change their line, etc...could cause a problem. And, it's a volunteer force of corner workers, whose responsibility would it be to make that choice? It could be problematic which is why it hasn't been passed. ROR shouldn't have it and maybe a rider shouldn't be in there if they can't stay at the minimum speed. We need to debate it and try to have a solution; in the rule change meeting. As a board we will look at it and see if it's an issue to decide earlier. Speaking of the rule book, it can't cover everything. Common sense applies, everything can't be covered. Look in rule book if you have questions, if you can't find it, ask me for help. If you've looked at the points section, I think the changes have made a positive difference. No one, for the first time in a long time, no has a class wrapped up (even ROR). If you had some goals for the season, you have time with the new points. Two garages left open for the garages at PPIR, if you want to be on the list email me. I'll email everyone their garages on Monday.
• PR: Louden- things have slowed down. we returned a display that was broke and they returned it. next one going to GForce. A lot of info to the ABATE rider classes. Asked who started in SuperStreet. asked how many displays are out there. There are 19 and the locations are listed on the MRA Forum. We've reached over 1000 people on FB with pics of displays
• Trophies: Aaron – if you haven't picked up trophies come see Aaron. We are holding them. We still have one class open for sponsorship. Thank your sponsors. End of year we do the picture plaques. we will need pics submitted for end of year plaques.
• Press: Sam - Persistence pays off. Hope she represents the club well.

New Business: Rickys new sponsor.
Nabber- 2 things: come to GB's fish and chips on Sunday. asked everyone to chip in $5 towards Safety Fund.
Hollywood Hayward - Lubo's pre-race planning party.

Unfinished Business:

Committee:
Adjournment:
“Unless there are any objections, meeting is adjourned.